User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Centramatic and Heat?

Just purchased 4 new Sailun 637's and am giving serious thought to adding the Centramatic Wheel Balancers. I have Titan disk brakes and am curious about dissipating heat with the Centramatic's.

Does anyone have any experience with this and if so did you notice any heat increase while running with the Centramatic's? They appear to partially block some of the air flow around the disk brakes, especially the caliper/pad area. I live in the desert SW and often camp in the SW part of the country with temps routinely 100 or greater. While traveling in these high temps I'm a bit concerned that the design of the Centramatic partially reduces the airflow around the disk brake assembly.

Thanks,
    Mark
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    Titan Disk Brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000 with X Factor Crossmember
    2022 GMC 3500HD Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SRW 6’ box
    Factory 5th/Gooseneck Prep with 20K Reese Goosebox

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was doing the thread search on centramatic, and found this old thread. To the OP Markb777, I have a similar setup, did you get the centramatic, and did you have any issues?
    thanks
    Rob
    RobM
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 L5P, Transfer Flow 35 Gal Aux Fuel Tank, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover
    2018 Solitude 310-GKR, Curt Q-20 puck system hitch, TST TPMS 507, Titan discs

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Modern rotors have vanes for cooling as it was learned that relying on surface dissipation resulted in many a wavy rotor. I've run my truck with Centramatics through the desert and cannot say I saw any heat related issues. However, I didn't make a specific study of it, but also not personally concerned they would. Given they are neither new nor novel, if there were heat-related issues we would have likely heard about it a few decades ago.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Was doing the thread search on centramatic, and found this old thread. To the OP Markb777, I have a similar setup, did you get the centramatic, and did you have any issues?
    thanks
    Rob
    I have not purchased them yet, but still thinking about doing so.

How have yours worked so far? Pleased?
    Mark
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Modern rotors have vanes for cooling as it was learned that relying on surface dissipation resulted in many a wavy rotor. I've run my truck with Centramatics through the desert and cannot say I saw any heat related issues. However, I didn't make a specific study of it, but also not personally concerned they would. Given they are neither new nor novel, if there were heat-related issues we would have likely heard about it a few decades ago.
    Thank you, makes sense to me.
    Mark
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How have yours worked so far? Pleased?
    Mark
    Don’t have them either, just started thinking about them again during yearly wheel bearing maintenance.
    Rob
    RobM
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 L5P, Transfer Flow 35 Gal Aux Fuel Tank, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover
    2018 Solitude 310-GKR, Curt Q-20 puck system hitch, TST TPMS 507, Titan discs