Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 379fl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

379fl

are there any owners of the 379FL? Curious, have you had any problems? Thanks
    LC

fredandfred
    We are. No real issues. Things I would change. Are you having issues?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I am thinking seriously about buying one. What would you change?

Ditkitty
    For a little background - we don't travel with the RV, it is parked on a permanent lot on an RV resort, and we use it as a vacation cabin. We get out there a couple of weekends a month. We traded in a Heartland Road Warrior Toy Hauler 5th wheel. We had a couple of little issues that were fixed - kitchen Maxi-Fan didn't work, and the oven wouldn't stay lit (love Blue Dog RV in Post Falls, Idaho, BTW - they were VERY good to us). I would have opted for double-pane windows if we had ordered it, not bought it off the lot. The headboard is cheesy, but my husband will probably just build a new one. We switched out the king bed for a queen Sleep Number - gives us more room to move around the bed. The awning is pretty much worthless due to the dining room slide, but we don't use our awning much anyway (we spend a lot of time away from the RV while we are staying there, and always close the awning in case the wind picks up). We installed one of those little right-angle door catches, so if we DO want the awning out and the front door open, the door won't interfere with the awning arm. We installed vent covers, so we can use the fans year-round. Love the fireplace - take the edge off the cold with the propane furnace, then switch to the fireplace. The back cushions on the couch are a little too high and blocked the bottom of the window - I like to sit on the couch and watch the deer and the antelope play - so we replaced them with regular pillows and shams. I still haven't learned where all the light switches in the kitchen are - it would have been nice to have one bank of switches instead of having them at both ends of the room. There aren't quite enough "wide" spaces on the counters in the kitchen for appliances, but I lusted after the pantry when we were shopping, and love all that storage! There are not quite enough electrical outlets in the front room (actually, that works better for me - all our charging stations are now in the bedroom closet out of sight). The indicator lights for the gray tanks aren't real accurate. Some of the cupboards are useless size/shapes. Just little stuff that is pretty SOP for RV'ing - all in all, we love the rig it's very comfortable and roomy - we can both fit in the kitchen at the same time, and don't have to climb over each other moving around in the front room. And Dave loves the big TV that is actually mounted at a level that is comfortable to watch. So far so good :-)

fredandfred
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditkitty View Post
    For a little background - we don't travel with the RV, it is parked on a permanent lot on an RV resort, and we use it as a vacation cabin. We get out there a couple of weekends a month. We traded in a Heartland Road Warrior Toy Hauler 5th wheel. We had a couple of little issues that were fixed - kitchen Maxi-Fan didn't work, and the oven wouldn't stay lit (love Blue Dog RV in Post Falls, Idaho, BTW - they were VERY good to us). I would have opted for double-pane windows if we had ordered it, not bought it off the lot. The headboard is cheesy, but my husband will probably just build a new one. We switched out the king bed for a queen Sleep Number - gives us more room to move around the bed. The awning is pretty much worthless due to the dining room slide, but we don't use our awning much anyway (we spend a lot of time away from the RV while we are staying there, and always close the awning in case the wind picks up). We installed one of those little right-angle door catches, so if we DO want the awning out and the front door open, the door won't interfere with the awning arm. We installed vent covers, so we can use the fans year-round. Love the fireplace - take the edge off the cold with the propane furnace, then switch to the fireplace. The back cushions on the couch are a little too high and blocked the bottom of the window - I like to sit on the couch and watch the deer and the antelope play - so we replaced them with regular pillows and shams. I still haven't learned where all the light switches in the kitchen are - it would have been nice to have one bank of switches instead of having them at both ends of the room. There aren't quite enough "wide" spaces on the counters in the kitchen for appliances, but I lusted after the pantry when we were shopping, and love all that storage! There are not quite enough electrical outlets in the front room (actually, that works better for me - all our charging stations are now in the bedroom closet out of sight). The indicator lights for the gray tanks aren't real accurate. Some of the cupboards are useless size/shapes. Just little stuff that is pretty SOP for RV'ing - all in all, we love the rig it's very comfortable and roomy - we can both fit in the kitchen at the same time, and don't have to climb over each other moving around in the front room. And Dave loves the big TV that is actually mounted at a level that is comfortable to watch. So far so good :-)
    Can't disagree with any of the above issues. The kitchen table is too wobbly. The use of the remote in the bedroom for the radio/DVD player is useless. The radio is on a wall the remote can't reach. Simple silly issues. Would I buy one again? For sure! A great rv. The front living room divides from the kitchen. Very cozy and fun to be in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. We are negotiating

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We traded a Toy-hauler for ours. And we love it. Look for a gas strut on the outside of the front door. This will indicate that yours is one of the latest off the Assembly line and is the factory way of keeping the front door from hitting the awning arm when extended. Also look for heated Theatre seats in the living room, this was a update prior to the Door strut. Grand Design is constantly updating their models throughout the year. They don't wait for a change for the model year.

My wife places her canned goods in the side cabinets and her plates in the Pantry. I know this sounds backwards however, she is only 5'2" and with the pantry shelves deep and tall she had problems seeing what was in the back of the pantry. Now all is well.
    KZ and Terry Kleinheitz, Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Meka and Prissy (Social butterflies in Dachshound bodies)
    2015 379FL Solitude
    2014 Ram 3500, Crew Cab, Laramie, Cummins, Auto, 4X4, Long Bed, DRW, Andersen Hitch

Al~and~Dave
    We love our 379FL. There are a few things I would change, and Grand Design is listening to its customers since the latest model has a couple new options.

Please ask to join our Facebook group, easier to use from a smartphone. We have some lively discussions ongoing.
    granddesignrvowners

Alison & Dave
    Georgia, VT