User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 297RSTS Reflection Warranty Issues

We picked up our 2020 297RSTS in May 2019. With the season coming to an end, it's time to take the punch list and send it back to the dealer, whom I'm assuming will send it back to GD to repair paneling. Thought I'd document the issues, fixes and time for repair. The biggest challenge I have, is that my indoor winter storage has a "put-in" date of Oct 26, but I know there's no way all this will be fixed by then. Not sure what I'll do for winter storage.

1. Both Slide seals have holes
    2. Fireplace doesn’t seem to shut off at temperature. Set at 71 still running when interior temp at thermostat is 75.
    3. Freezer develops frost
    4. Kitchen slide outside trim screws stripped and pulling out
    5. Awning leaks where it's mounted to the trailer
    6. Awning leaks around cylinder/arm
    7. screw coming up in the kitchen floor underneath the vinyl
    8. Living room slide by the dining table the carpet was torn at delivery. Additionally, there's some kind of plastic tray on the floor that doesn't fit right, likely caused the tear.
    9. Cracked paneling in kitchen slide.
    10. TV reception is terrible in bedroom and outside
    11. Kitchen slide rollers aren’t aligned, some are visible, some are not
    12. Bedroom window appears to be crooked.
    13. Seal torn on hatch
    14. Door doesn't seal, visible air gaps
    15. Difficulty switching refrigerator to gas even when purging lines with stove. Often takes 6 or 7 tries.
    16. Toilet flush lever sticking open
    17. Cold air blowing in from under hutch

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a long list, but nothing major. I wouldn't hold my breath that it will go back to GD for repairs unless you've already discussed this with GD. I've heard GD wanting the dealer to fix repairs that were more complex in nature than what you have listed. I would discuss options with the dealer or you might want to send documentation to GD and have it annotated on your file, then either hold off repairs until you can take the RV back out of storage. They should still cover everything as long as it was annotated within the warranty period. The only downside is that you lose time during next camping season. GD has also approved mobile techs to perform warranty work, maybe you could arrange for a mobile tech to fix it at home prior to putting it in storage. (You have to locate the mobile tech and usually you have to pay their service fee which is minimal, but parts and lobor will be covered)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    It's a long list, but nothing major. I wouldn't hold my breath that it will go back to GD for repairs unless you've already discussed this with GD. I've heard GD wanting the dealer to fix repairs that were more complex in nature than what you have listed. I would discuss options with the dealer or you might want to send documentation to GD and have it annotated on your file, then either hold off repairs until you can take the RV back out of storage. They should still cover everything as long as it was annotated within the warranty period. The only downside is that you lose time during next camping season. GD has also approved mobile techs to perform warranty work, maybe you could arrange for a mobile tech to fix it at home prior to putting it in storage. (You have to locate the mobile tech and usually you have to pay their service fee which is minimal, but parts and lobor will be covered)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Replacing paneling in the kitchen is going to require the slide to come out and complete disassembly of the kitchen walls. I assumed that dealers don't like to deal with taking slide walls apart.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Called my dealer around Oct 15, they said the earliest I could drop it off will be December. December!! I asked if I could drop off now and they could work on it when there was time and they said the lot is full. So now I'll have to deal with potentially hauling in snowy weather. I'm assuming that while the RV sales business is booming, dealers aren't expanding their service departments to meet demand.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shmeek View Post
    Called my dealer around Oct 15, they said the earliest I could drop it off will be December. December!! I asked if I could drop off now and they could work on it when there was time and they said the lot is full. So now I'll have to deal with potentially hauling in snowy weather. I'm assuming that while the RV sales business is booming, dealers aren't expanding their service departments to meet demand.
    Truth be told, dealers/service departments don't really seem to care how long it takes them to "get to your problem". Once they've made the sale, they've made their money. I'm glad that GD authorizes independent service providers most of the time.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)