User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DFW Steve

Step 1...ordered the new truck!

I've decided on my tow vehicle...a 2015 Ford F-250 Lariat with the new diesel engine. As soon as I get an approximate delivery date, I'll be ordering my 303RLS. Can't wait!

Steve

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve,

Congratulations on your choice of a new 250. I have a 2013 250 Lariat, diesel. Great at pulling my 337. With the new engine yours will be even better. What is your color choice? Sorry they dropped the Kodiak Brown. Mine with that color and Adobe trim really looks good with the Reflection.

Robert
    Robert & Sheila, Amarillo, TX
    2013 F250 short bed crew cab, diesel, 4X4, Firestone air bags
    2014 Reflection 337, Michelin XPS Ribs, Anderson Ultimate Fifth wheel hitch

DFW Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by cgoodnight View Post
    Steve,

Congratulations on your choice of a new 250. I have a 2013 250 Lariat, diesel. Great at pulling my 337. With the new engine yours will be even better. What is your color choice? Sorry they dropped the Kodiak Brown. Mine with that color and Adobe trim really looks good with the Reflection.

Robert
    I struggled with a color choice. I went to the dealership with the intent to buy one in silver or white, but was underwhelmed by those two options. Even though I thought I wanted a lighter color, once I saw "magnetic metallic" I knew that was the one for me. It won't match the Reflection, but it shouldn't look too bad.

This is my first HD truck purchase and I did a lot of research on them and was pretty much set on the new larger V8 Hemi gas engine in a Ram 2500, but I kept circling back to the Ford. I'm not typically one to follow a crowd, but the sheer numbers of Ford trucks sold over the other brands was definitely compelling. Plus, even though it has only has soft updates lately, other than the new engine, I love the look and feel of the cab, especially the comfortable front buckets!

Steve

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2003 F250 was one of the last 7.3 engines, and I bought it 12 years ago last week. While the new models are absolutely beautiful, my truck still continues to do anything I ask of it. Other than one set of brakes and a set of lower ball joints, it's been essentially bulletproof--no warranty claim ever.

Congratulations on your new truck. I'm sure you'll love it. Ford's still dominant in the retail market in 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks for a number of reasons.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That truck will make towing your trailer a breeze. Congratulations on both the truck and trailer.
    Steve and Schlonda- Virgie, Kentucky
    2017 Momentum 328M
    Morryde 8K Independent Suspension, Disk Brakes
    2021 GMC Denali 3500 SRW
    Airlift Wireless Air
    B&W Companion Slider

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Steve,

Did the dealer confirm the payload that you need on the model that you selected ?
    If you take a look at the current F250 info at http://www.ford.com/resources/ford/g...typu_sep11.pdf
    Payload can get pretty low with the larger cabs and the diesel in the 250.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

DFW Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Steve,

Did the dealer confirm the payload that you need on the model that you selected ?
    If you take a look at the current F250 info at http://www.ford.com/resources/ford/g...typu_sep11.pdf
    Payload can get pretty low with the larger cabs and the diesel in the 250.

Rob
    For the 2015 model the payload ranges from 2880 to 3580, depending upon cab, bed, etc. Mine as equipped is rated at 3100. I would hope that is plenty! Please let me know if you feel that is an issue.

Steve

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3100 is more than sufficient.
    I was trying to figure out why this differs significantly from the "carrying capacity" that the F250 Ford info shows to be less than 2000 for several of the larger cabs with diesel.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The payload (or CCC) listed on the doorpost label will be based on the curb weight of your truck as factory equipped, full of fuel and a 150# driver subtracted from the GVWR for the truck. Once you account for extra passengers, hitch, gear and dealer add-ons, the payload capacity will be considerably less. Most will consider the rear axle weight rating (RAWR) as the more definitive limit on payload. The only way to determine that is to weigh the truck with full fuel, passengers and gear and get the rear axle weight and subtract that from the trucks RAWR. The payload number by this method will be as much as 1000# more. To note the OEM tire load rating will always exceed the RAWR for the truck.

You'll have more than enough payload capacity for a loaded 303.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Steve - 3100 sounds like you have plenty of room to spare. According to the GD website, the 303 has an average hitch weight of 1660 pounds. 3100-1660 = 1440. Subtract about 150# for your hitch, and that leaves you 1290 for passengers and cargo in the truck. That seems pretty reasonable to me. Enjoy that new new Reflection when you get it. We sure do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast