Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleep Number

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sleep Number

How many purchase the regular sleep number mattress instead of the RV model? Twice the price seems like a lot for the RV model!
    2020 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummings Diesel
    2020 Momentum 320g
    Magnum 3000 Watt Inverter/Charger, RC-50 Remote, 1200 Watts Solar, Morningstar TriStar 60 Amp MPPT Solar Charge Controller With Remote Digital Meter

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been giving some thought to the sleep# . One question comes to mind , is the RV model shorter in length ? We don't need an RV short bed.

Camping world , even though no one like them lately has been having crazy discounts which makes it tempting. The store near us just had a 30% off darn near the whole inventory. That was including sales prices.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get a short queen or king in the RV or just a regular queen. I really don't see a need to buy the RV model as it is a 1000.00 more. I realize they a made to motor vehicles spec but come on 1000.00 more……….or twice as much!
    2020 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummings Diesel
    2020 Momentum 320g
    Magnum 3000 Watt Inverter/Charger, RC-50 Remote, 1200 Watts Solar, Morningstar TriStar 60 Amp MPPT Solar Charge Controller With Remote Digital Meter

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We put a regular queen in our Momentum almost 5 years ago. It is slightly longer than the platform but that has been no issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just went through getting a sleep number for our RV.

The Momentum has a radius at the head of the bed and we measured the sides and the center of the platform and went to the local Sleep Number store. They determined we needed the short queen radius mattress to fit properly. Wrong. The platform measures 76 inches at the corners and 80 inches in the middle. The store thought the radius mattress was 76 inches at the sides but it is 76 inches at the long part in the center. Also the radius is at the foot of the mattress and at the head of the bed in the Momentum and the way the border of the mattress is made it would not work properly if we turned it around so the radius was at the head. We returned it for a short queen without the radius and it fits the platform pretty good, it could be an inch or 2 longer and still be on the platform but we have not slept on it yet and I suspect with a bit of settling it will spread a bit and fill the platform. There is a slight gap at the center of the head of the bed but we don’t think it will be any sort of a problem.

A normal queen would be a couple of inches longer than the platform in our RV and would probably be OK or we could have added a couple of inches to the length of the platform but I did not want to give up any of the limited space around the bed.

Measure your platform carefully, you may well be able to use a normal queen mattress, I don’t think there is any difference between the regular mattress and the RV mattress except they make the price higher because it is for an RV.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 320 momentum has a regular queen size mattress in it now but I haven’t measured the platform yet. I will do that right away though.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try to make a long story short....

paid for a queen sleep number from store in mall in Denver. They insisted I had to pay shipping and deliver/setup. I told them I needed it pithing 2 weeks and they said ok.

called sleep number after 3 days of no info and they said it takes 10 days to processes the order. i cancelled the order (almost $2,000) and it seemed the 800 number lady couldn't care less.

i called camping world in hopes the had the rv model in stock; they didn't, they wanted a week to get it. i passed

i went to CS web site got a 15% discount code for going there, got the rv mattress on sale and got it with 3 days shipping.

the old mattress got dumped in a dumpster at the denver campground.

Sleep Number is just plain nuts asking to pay for shipping and insisting they deliver it AND set it up - at a cost of about $200.

i saved over $600 getting the one from CW and I got when I wanted it. goodby sleep number store!!!!!
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed a standard queen a couple of weeks ago. Have the same mattress at home for several years and we love it.

If you by the “older technology” S3 mattress you can avoid the $200 installation fee. Literally took less than an hour to install the mattress.

Overall project took me longer because I wanted to reclaim the lost storage space under the head portion of the bed. However this was totally optional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike, Linda, and Shady (terrier mix rescue)

Reflection 150 230 RL with free standing dinette (swapped location of the dinette and the recliners)
    2020 GMC 3500 Denali
    B&W Companion Hitch and Turning Point Pin Box locked out

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the regular one, no issues. I would deflate the bed when entering high altitude so it didn't rupture the bladder.

Edited brain fart
    Last edited by Aridon; 10-09-2019 at 08:09 PM.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    We use the regular one, no issues. I would deflate the bed when leaving high altitude to lower altitude so it didn't rupture the bladder.
    I think it is the other way around, you need to deflate before going up the mountain or it will overinflate.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast