Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleep Number

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    We just went through getting a sleep number for our RV.

The Momentum has a radius at the head of the bed and we measured the sides and the center of the platform and went to the local Sleep Number store. They determined we needed the short queen radius mattress to fit properly. Wrong. The platform measures 76 inches at the corners and 80 inches in the middle. The store thought the radius mattress was 76 inches at the sides but it is 76 inches at the long part in the center. Also the radius is at the foot of the mattress and at the head of the bed in the Momentum and the way the border of the mattress is made it would not work properly if we turned it around so the radius was at the head. We returned it for a short queen without the radius and it fits the platform pretty good, it could be an inch or 2 longer and still be on the platform but we have not slept on it yet and I suspect with a bit of settling it will spread a bit and fill the platform. There is a slight gap at the center of the head of the bed but we don’t think it will be any sort of a problem.

A normal queen would be a couple of inches longer than the platform in our RV and would probably be OK or we could have added a couple of inches to the length of the platform but I did not want to give up any of the limited space around the bed.

Measure your platform carefully, you may well be able to use a normal queen mattress, I don’t think there is any difference between the regular mattress and the RV mattress except they make the price higher because it is for an RV.
    Looks like mine is 78 1/2 inches at the side. I am going to order the standard queen.
    2020 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummings Diesel
    2020 Momentum 320g
    Magnum 3000 Watt Inverter/Charger, RC-50 Remote, 1200 Watts Solar, Morningstar TriStar 60 Amp MPPT Solar Charge Controller With Remote Digital Meter

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    I think it is the other way around, you need to deflate before going up the mountain or it will overinflate.
    /smacks forehead

Yes, this is correct. Brain farted.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had the regular sleep number dual mattress in our rv for years & have had no issues.
    OkieCowboy

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a regular queen sleep number in my Reflection 315rlts. I don't know why, but even though there was a full queen already in there the platform boards were 3 inches too small on the sides and bottom, so I replaced them. When I talked to my service rep.(I have
    A sleep number at home too) he said that the rv one may have been submitted to pass an rv fire rating! But all the others would pass it as well. He suggested to wait until Thanksgiving week, because they always have a sale. I did and got a good price. Just have them ship it. They are easy to set up and they have complete instructions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

We changed our mattress last may in our Reflection 337 RLS, because the original one was full of waves after 2 years of use ( 5 months/year) for this one, Zinus Memory Foam 8 Inch on Amazon and it's a very good one.

Just one think, the crazy smell stay for 5 weeks, but after was ok.

Francois

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our SLX 22RBE

Last July when the sleep number full queens went on sale at camping world we put the rv model 10” in our new trailer.

After reading about the new residential 360 model that adjusts automatically we moved our rv model or another rig and put the new 10” model with the biometrics in.

It is a completely different bed - it is put together at the factory and has to be connected to the internet for the biometrics and auto adjust to work. It can also be adjusted with the regular controller. He biometrics are controlled by cell phone.

The total price delivered was $1346 - they wound not install in an rv and in fact wound not sell it for rv use! We are very pleased!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12