User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Slideout

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for lubing the Schwintec rails, Lippert says to use a dry lube with Teflon. Our 2650 has Schwintec slides on both the large and small sides. No issues, but the motors on the large slide always seem to be straining to open or close the slide.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2020 2970RL has both Schwintek and Lippert slides. I have had zero problems with either of them. One thing I always do, and others on this site will agree, is to continue pushing the button after the slide is completely retracted until you hear a sound like two strokes of someone cutting a board with a hand saw. It sounds like a mechanical "woot woot". These are the two motors synchronising themselves.
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just bought an imagine 2500RL and after having it plugged up in the driveway with the slide out and taking it to my mother-in-law's and putting the slide-out and bringing it back to our driveway, the slide didn't work. It took us trying it about 5 times to get it out. We left it out and when we tried to put it back in to tow it, It would only go 2/3 of the way in. We had to manually push it back in. We're going to call grand design on Monday and see what to do. It's a new RV so to have something go wrong so soon is disheartening.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you say it didn't work, did the motors not work, or did the slide not fully pull into the trailer?
    Was the trailer perfectly level when you were moving the slide? The trailer needs to be as level as possible when moving the slide.
    Did you have full battery voltage when you moved the slide?
    If your trailer is new, that would presume you have warranty. I would check with your dealer first before calling GD.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyeeMan View Post
    When you say it didn't work, did the motors not work, or did the slide not fully pull into the trailer?
    Was the trailer perfectly level when you were moving the slide? The trailer needs to be as level as possible when moving the slide.
    Did you have full battery voltage when you moved the slide?
    If your trailer is new, that would presume you have warranty. I would check with your dealer first before calling GD.
    The slide went in about 2\3 of the way, yes on all other questions. We're calling GD on Monday. We bought the Camper, took it to my mother in laws then winterized it. It's been sitting level in my driveway ever since. We're new campers...never even slept in it yet but I've been putting Kitchen items and such getting it ready for spring. It's just disappointing that you spend that much money on something only to have it not work properly. I guess I'm just nervous.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally understand. We had to have a number of small things corrected under warrenty when we bought our Imaging 2970 new in 2018.

You can check the Schwintek control board to see if it's flashing any codes. Look in your owners manual under the slide out section, it will tell you about trouble codes and how to check/ clear them. It likely could be an easy fix you can do right they're in the driveway. Good luck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123