User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

customer service

Looking to hear from anybody that has owned a Keystone TT. Wife & I are going to be getting our first, either a XLS22RBE or 2250RK or possibly a Keystone Cougar. We have been looking at the Cougars as well but keep coming back to GD as everything we read about Keystone is horrible customer serivce! Anybody have any experience with this? This is a big purchase and don't want to be left high and dry once we buy it!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prior to getting our 303, we owned a 2004 Cougar TT. It was a great trailer manufactured at a time when Don Clark and the Fenech brothers still owned Keystone. When they sold Keystone to Thor many of us Keystone owners realized that it was time to move on. The contrast between Keystone then and now has been shared by many folks in many stories in service and product degradation.

When we learned in 2014 that Don and the Fenech brothers started GDRV in 2012, it was great news for dealers, owners, and other stakeholders. The commitment to service they have provided directly to owners is highly appreciated and valued. While we did have some products issues to deal with, the outstanding service from GDRV (both warranty and non-warranty even to this day) has been second to none.

Yes, there will be some folks reporting both legitimate and fake news issues but overall GDRV RVs are performing well. Our local dealer (as well as other dealers whom I have spoken with) shared that they have less issues to deal with on GRDRVs than anything they sell. In addition, working with the GDRV team is enjoyable (yes enjoyable) and responsive when dealing with issues.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a 26 RBS 2016...what a disaster. Between CW and Keystone the refused warranty work (example, the black tank flush valve installed backwards) and the rear external wall separated from the top...no warranty coverage for that either. We would never buy a Keystone product or anything else from CW!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prior to purchasing our 2018 Imagine 2970RL, I spent about 8 months on the Keystone forums, this is my only experience with Keystone. All I can say is I was absolutely mortified as to the various serious problems people were having and in a lot of cases the lack of customer care.

And what I read a number of times is what Scousers mentioned about the rear wall separating from the top.

Whatever you buy, MAKE SURE the rig has a walkable roof. What indicates if a rig has a walkable roof is if there is a ladder on the back of the camper. Do not let a sales guy tell you a particular camper has a walkable roof if there is no ladder on the back, cuz it's not true. Sure you could probably walk a non-walkable roof but it's a complete joke as you will be using pieces of plywood to move around to spread out your weight.
    The reason I bring this up is that you will (or should) be up on your roof a few times a year washing it and closely looking at all the caulking to make sure it hasn't cracked or separated.

Good luck on your camper search! Hopefully we will see more of you here.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsman3 View Post
    Looking to hear from anybody that has owned a Keystone TT. Wife & I are going to be getting our first, either a XLS22RBE or 2250RK or possibly a Keystone Cougar. We have been looking at the Cougars as well but keep coming back to GD as everything we read about Keystone is horrible customer serivce! Anybody have any experience with this? This is a big purchase and don't want to be left high and dry once we buy it!
    we had a 2010 Springdale TT by Keystone and had no problems. Our 2018 303 has been great, only issue was the common greased brakes. We have been totally impressed with our GD 303.
    Matt & Dana , Kasey the Australian Cattle Dog
    2018 303rls
    2012 Ram 2500 6.7 diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HORRIFIC CUSTOMER SERVICE! Please, just do yourself a huge favor and stay away from Keystone/Forest River.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we picked up our new fridge last year from our dealer service dept we chatted with our dealer CS rep (who is now a CS manager) about potential upgrading and what she thought about other RV brands, without hesitation she said stick with GD. She stated that no one else comes close to ease of working with for warranty approval and sending parts on the dealer end. If the dealer like working with a company it can make a big difference when it comes to warranty service or service after warranty. Personally, I'd run from anything Thor
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/