Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heat pump issue

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystudiois View Post
    Agreed Steve, however having it not work at all is worse!
    Kind of a quality control issue I'd say...
    Tested out? Hmmm. Likely not for proper operation.
    Tested? Depends upon the quality of the tech doing the work. Most that do the PDI in the summer tell you that they can't test the heat because it is to hot. The reverse in the winter to cold to test the A/C. I taught the most recent purchase tech...In the summer turn A/C down till it gets cold enough to engage the heat thus both tested. In the winter turn the heat up until the A/C will engage again both tested. He thought it was rocket science.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wva3185 View Post
    Tested? Depends upon the quality of the tech doing the work. Most that do the PDI in the summer tell you that they can't test the heat because it is to hot. The reverse in the winter to cold to test the A/C. I taught the most recent purchase tech...In the summer turn A/C down till it gets cold enough to engage the heat thus both tested. In the winter turn the heat up until the A/C will engage again both tested. He thought it was rocket science.
    It's not quite that simple, if you are talking about testing the heat pump part of at AC unit. If I'm not mistaken, on the units that have heat pump functionality, there is a sensor on the unit that detects outdoor temperature and will lock it out as far as functioning as a heat pump when that temperature is lower than the sensor setpoint.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12