User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winterizing RV

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramcneal View Post
    I've only seen built in water filters on the Solitude modules and it's always been located in control valve area.
    Yes, it's right next to the Nautilus panel. If you have one, you can't miss it.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the blow out and added antifreeze this week. I found that the short hose from the city water attachment to the bottle of antifreeze must have a very tight connection to the inlet or the pump will not suck it up.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last year I winterized our 337 without problem. Siphoned antifreeze from jug without any trouble. Couple weeks later we decided to take another trip. Being in a hurry I forgot to flip the Nautilus switches back from winterize to city water before connecting the city water hose. Not thinking I flipped the switches to City water under pressure. I get home and go to winterize again and no antifreeze would siphon from jug. Cold freezing weather that night so to winterize I accessed pump behind storage compartment wall and siphoned antifreeze directly from pump to jug. I then read the Nautilus manual where it states to never switch from winterize to city water while under pressure. This broke one of the valves internally. I learned this when I called Nautilus. They sent me 3 new valves without charge and our dealer installed while in for warranty work. They neve told me which valve was broke or if they replaced all three. It corrected the problem though. I wont do that again and I will make sure I read the manual. When you get in a hurry you make mistakes.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmalbre39 View Post
    Our nautilus system doesn't siphon the antifreeze from the bottle, we have to pour it in with a funnel and hose. What could be the problem. We have all the knobs in correct position.
    Make sure the washer is still in the intake connection on the Nautilus panel. My fell out last year took me about 30 minutes to figure it out. Would not syphon without washer. Once I put in new washer it worked fine.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed the first time I winterized our FW the length of hose was to long to prime. Shortened the hose to about little over 2 feet long and works great now.
    2018 Reflection 367 BH
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD Laramie LB 4x4
    2014 Adventurer 910 DB Truck camper

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update

I winterized mine last weekend. My only issue I had was the toilet valve wouldn’t stop leaking. Lost alot of liquid down the toilet. Not sure why valve wouldn’t shut off. Anyone have any thoughts, Is it a pressure problem. Thanks

Just to clarify, the pump worked fine. It was the toilet check valve that would shut off. The antifreeze keep coming out. Could this be caused by not enough pressure. Some answers I got was because the inlet check valve needs to he dislodged to work effectively. Is this the reason.
    Last edited by Raftsman; 10-17-2019 at 05:52 AM. Reason: More description

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had the exact same problem and have fixed it by doing a combination of things. I turn the cone shaped screen around so that it points inward and pushes on the check valve. I also "prime" the system a bit by holding the hose up above the inlet and pouring pick juice in the hose. This has fixed my problem.

I have found that the check valve is pretty stiff and sometimes the pressure of the short hose isn't enough to overcome it. As others have stated, don't forget to reverse the cone screen back to original position when finished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to make sure the plug was back in the water heater after draining then turn the valves as instructions say after that I could get a good syphon.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine would not work until I put the antifreeze bottle at the same level as the pump. The pump was not strong enough to hoist the fluid to the pump. By putting the fluid at the same level it took strain off the pump. Hope this works for you.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    I just did ours this past weekend.
    Here are some things I did that varied from the manual. All knobs as shown on the panel. Instead of using a section of garden hose, I bought a fitting that will screw into the fresh water fill location and install a 1/2” clear vinyl hose, clamped onto the fitting. I set the RV antifreeze jug in the tray in front of the panel to minimize the lift required by the pump. Make sure all faucets and such are closed and let the system fill to pump stop. Then open 1 outlet at a time until all locations are filled.

Couples of other thoughts.
    Ensure low point drains are slightly more than hand tight for good seal.
    Best to not push the check valve under pressure as it will be damaged.

Hope this helps.
    Scott.
    Scott & Cora
    2017 Reflection 30BH
    Colorado

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast