Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hydraulic Jack won't stay up

We have a 2020 Momentum 376TH and have an issue with the LF leveling jack. After hitching up to the truck and raising the jacks we head down the road. Some times the LF jack will work its way part way down--once to within a couple of inches to the ground. It has happened in as little time as a trip around the block. Other days it takes several hours. Still others it doesn't happen at all. I took it to the dealer and they said they "fixed" it by tightening a couple of loose hydraulic fittings. Two hours out from the dealer it happened again. When it happens I raise the jack and it usually does the trick. Other days it will happen again. I tightly attached a bungee cord to it and that seemed to help. Then the other day we noticed it down again even with the bungee cord attached, so I retracted it again and closed the compartment door. We then watched the jack head down again. We now have 3 bungee cords attached to it. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions. I am considering getting some link chain to hold it up while traveling.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may be possible that you have air in the cylinder or other parts of the system. My first step would be running thru 5-6 complete leveling and retraction cycles, checking your fluid level at the end of each cycle. If in your travels you have already ran thru several cycles, then call LCI tech support. They have been great in my dealings with them.