User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had not heard about GD's advise about blocking the heat ducts. I have not completely blocked any of the ducts. I blocked the bedroom duct about 50%, and the the duct in the kitchen about 50%.

I think this modification may not have increased the airflow to the other, unblocked ducts. It does help the heater run longer as the 2 semi-blocked ducts don't blow as much hot air towards the thermostat.

I guess the jury is still out on any damage I may be doing. I will keep the forum posted.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for your input. i read about my reference to not closing off a duct in the GD Owners Manual given to us at the dealership at time of purchase. i’ll research more to try to get the flow more equitable at each location.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2020 GD 381M bedroom was 90F deg and living room was 70F I used foil tape to restrict flow of air and now i have more heat going to the garage. any one else had this prob??

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2019 2250RK blows much stronger in the living room as well and equally weaker in the bedroom and kitchen. The cabinet surrounding the heat pump gets really hot to the touch as well.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nathan, sorry to hear that u have the same problem. 1) have you found the problem aggravating enough to seek a solution? 2) where is the cabinet surrounding the heat pump located? TY

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think it’s annoying enough to warrant a fix as long as I leave the interior sliding doors open it seems to distribute the heat ok. My pump seems to be located in the wall between the bathroom and living room. I have the theater seats and when I’m sitting in the seat to the right, closer to bathroom, facing the tv, I can really notice the heat when I put my hand on the cabinet.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a momentum g-25. Last weekend we went out and it was 15degree at night the first night, then 22, then 26, then we went back home. The bedroom and bathroom stayed nice and warm, but the kitchen/toy hauler area was much cooler. We set the thermostat to 72 each night. The first night the thermostat never registered over 68 degrees and ran all night. thank goodness for electric hookup. We used one 5lb tank of propane that day. My previous trailer was a 34ft blackstone and it stayed warmer than the G-25 and used less propane. I am curious about partial blocking the bedroom and bathroom vents.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took an endoscope to the underside of my 297 the other day...I didn't want to drop the coroplast. Let me tell you, the way things are put in on the underside is IMO rediculous. There is enough extra heater pipe under there to pipe the trailer a second time. No wonder I have kinks in it. Especially where it runs between a support beam and the coroplast for the life of me I cannot see why it was not run through the openings in the beam. On top of that, every wire and water pipe under there just lays on the coroplast, nothing appears to be attached to support it... this project will have to wait for summer as I am not crawling around on the wet ground to open this up and fix it... it will be a major job..
    2019 297 RSTS
    2017 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel
    The wife and 2 dogs..

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmert View Post
    I took an endoscope to the underside of my 297 the other day...I didn't want to drop the coroplast. Let me tell you, the way things are put in on the underside is IMO rediculous. There is enough extra heater pipe under there to pipe the trailer a second time. No wonder I have kinks in it. Especially where it runs between a support beam and the coroplast for the life of me I cannot see why it was not run through the openings in the beam. On top of that, every wire and water pipe under there just lays on the coroplast, nothing appears to be attached to support it... this project will have to wait for summer as I am not crawling around on the wet ground to open this up and fix it... it will be a major job..
    Couple of underbelly posts show some of the stuff down there:
    Rear Underbelly Stuff https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...derbelly-Stuff
    Forward Under Belly Stuff https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...er-Belly-Stuff
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2020 2970RL and we used the furnace last weekend in the mountains. Wisely burned it in for four hours the week before. Our rig blows hot air evenly thru all 4 vents. We had to keep the thermostat at 62 or it will run you out of the trailer. We were very comfortable all weekend with no issues. Make sure you report the issue to GD to get it on the warranty record.
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast