User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furnace / Heating distribution

2020 2250RK: Used furnace today for the first time. Vent in LR blows real strong and hot. Vent in Kitchen below oven blows very weak and somewhat warm but not hot.
    Vent in Bathroom blows (in my estimation) “normal” regarding both strength and temperature. Vent in BR is pretty much the same as the Bathroom, maybe a little better. So...... I can actually live with everything as described because the Fireplace runs great and actually is almost all we need since we don’t camp in super cold locations. My question is: Is there a relatively easy place to access regarding the weakness of the Kitchen vent that I could investigate and possibly fix? I looked behind to panel below the oven but didn’t see anything that would allow me to adjust/fix the weak air flow. Please advise if I’ve missed something there or if I should search elsewhere, or any other tips or suggestions you may be able to make. All help greatly appreciated.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schiefswret View Post
    2020 2250RK: Used furnace today for the first time. Vent in LR blows real strong and hot. Vent in Kitchen below oven blows very weak and somewhat warm but not hot.
    Vent in Bathroom blows (in my estimation) “normal” regarding both strength and temperature. Vent in BR is pretty much the same as the Bathroom, maybe a little better. So...... I can actually live with everything as described because the Fireplace runs great and actually is almost all we need since we don’t camp in super cold locations. My question is: Is there a relatively easy place to access regarding the weakness of the Kitchen vent that I could investigate and possibly fix? I looked behind to panel below the oven but didn’t see anything that would allow me to adjust/fix the weak air flow. Please advise if I’ve missed something there or if I should search elsewhere, or any other tips or suggestions you may be able to make. All help greatly appreciated.
    If your rig is anything like mine in the way they put it together, the ducting from the furnace is jammed in and has kinks. I have almost no air to the living room, all to BR & bath. Luckly I can also live with the fireplace until I have the ambition to drop the coroplast and fix the problem
    2019 297 RSTS
    2017 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel
    The wife and 2 dogs..

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See if you can remove that register to verify that the duct work is actually connected to it. Then, if you can access your furnace, make sure all duct work is properly connected there as well.

It's been mentioned on the GD forum that folks that purchased various models have found duct work that is not connected.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyeeMan View Post
    See if you can remove that register to verify that the duct work is actually connected to it. Then, if you can access your furnace, make sure all duct work is properly connected there as well.

It's been mentioned on the GD forum that folks that purchased various models have found duct work that is not connected.
    Thank you for the idea. Pretty sure mine are connected asci have a little air flow but I'm going to look anyway.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotcha, thanks. Is there any other method that you know of to check duct work connections without dropping the Coroplast?
    Last edited by Schiefswret; 10-11-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that I'm aware of. However, you can get a fiber optic endoscope that broadcasts via blue tooth to your smart phone. The one I have the fiber scope is about 6' long. It's not steerable but you can get places you wouldn't normally be able to get.

I'd post a picture of the scope I have but I'm currently enjoying the last weekend in our 2970RL.
    Did I mention its snowing in Minnesota?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191011_203534.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	23021Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191011_203534.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	23021

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the scope tip! safe travels!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the endoscope I bought for these kinds of tasks....works well.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Buckaroo
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed Rotating/Dampered Heating and A/C Registers (from Amazon) on my vents. It helped even out the hot/cold spots.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the rotate / dampening swap on my previous Heartland Pioneer also but I read in the GD Owners manual that they do not recommend blocking off any vents so I’m somewhat wondering if dampening (closing) off a vent outlet will in-fact re-route the flow of air effectively or just prevent it from coming out of that particular location and cause any unanticipated harm. UnlimitedMatt: please comment. Thank you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast