Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to us 317RST full time family of 4

My wife and I aren’t strangers to RV living nor cold weather. I spent 7 years traveling and working construction in a 96 travel supreme. During that time we met and married and spent two years on the Canadian border in North Dakota. Temps frequented 40 below. We purchased a house in MN and spent the last 5years there. We now have a 3 year old girl a 1 year old boy and old shorthair named Jake.

Although experienced in RV living I am very new to towing. I always used a transport company to relocate my RV in the past. (I can post on some growing pains, RamBoxes...)

Not sure what sparked us to rent our house and go full time with a family. We have now spent 40 days in it and traveled across 8 states. Last night was the coldest. Down to 7 degrees. We used the water tank and Insulated low point drains and valves with pool noodles (what I had available) and we woke up to water working as it should. (Used furnace only no electric heat) wife didn’t think we would need an Arctic Package yet wanted to stay in Colorado through October.

We are looking forward to seeing the mods being made and sharing ours.

Our current plan is for me to work somewhere warmish November through March then head north to Juneau, (ferry from Prince Rupert) wife fortunate works remotely.

I knew going into this RV it would not be the true 4season package I had before. I also don’t plan to winter near Canada in it. So with a little prep as any rv below freezing takes it fits the bill.

So far no regrets.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jennifer&Andrew Welcome to the forum from Western Maryland. It sounds like you have jumped right into it. You weathered a really rough night. You have some things figured out and there will be plenty more to come. I wish I could get my wife to full time. I just have to enjoy the 3.5 months we head South for the winter. Hope your adventures go well for you and stay safe.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS