Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide cover collects rain water

The dinette slide on my 2017 Reflection 337RLS has a factory installed awning which required the slide cover to be installed higher which resulted in very little slope and the cover collects large amounts of rain water. One idea I have is to install an awning rail 2 inches above the factory rail. Any suggestions or thoughts.

Thank
    Steve Cook

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem on a 2020 337rls. What a surprise the fist time we closed the slide after a rain when about five gallons of water ran onto the step and down the side of the slide. Adding a mounting rail above factory rail might solve the problem.

Jamie

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve65 View Post
    The dinette slide on my 2017 Reflection 337RLS has a factory installed awning which required the slide cover to be installed higher which resulted in very little slope and the cover collects large amounts of rain water. One idea I have is to install an awning rail 2 inches above the factory rail. Any suggestions or thoughts.

Thank
    Steve Cook
    I think that would solve your problem and give you some slope to drain the water from the slide topper.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took pvc pipe, and made 8 legs, 2 longs pieces of pipe. I put it together once at the campground, slide it under the awning topper, about 6 inches from the trailer. Works well. Very little water collects. I think I might have 20 bucks into this.
    (I cannot get pictures as the 5er is at Grand Design being worked on).

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the same issue. My solution is to go up on the roof with a broom after a heavy or extended rain.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put one of those cheap pool rafts under my topper , it's been there for six months with no problem . Just remembered to take it out when you bring the slide in.