0 Thread(s)
    Which thermostat can replace dometic? My tstat is killing me

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyTX View Post
    Thanks guys. I guess GD switched to the Coleman at some point. So Superduty...have you had good luck with the Dometic?
    Yes, I have not had any issues. I run mine (both units) on auto also, so the fans shut off when not need to run.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So is it possible to replace a Dometic ac with a Coleman in the Reflection or are there differences in the ducting and/or wiring? Just wondering if anyone has taken that on.
    The plenum for the ducting is the same - but it would be a pretty expensive proposition if the Dometics are still working OK. Our Dometics have worked fine for over four years... but they are fairly noisy.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we finally pulled the trigger on a used 2018 Reflection 367bhs last week. We found the unit at a dealer and I feel that we got it at a fair price. The 5th wheel was absolutely in new condition - as it was in the same condition as the new ones that we looked at (except for the interior and exterior colors). However, as we were standing in the living area and talking with the salesperson, we found ourselves having to talk pretty loud just to have a normal conversation as the Dometic 15k ac roared above. We removed the inside cover and could see part of the problem was the "tape" separating the cold air from the intake had separated allowing the new cold air getting sucked right back into the return air and causing some of the noise we were hearing. The dealer indicated they would check it out and take care of the issue but I asked about possibly replacing the Dometic with a Coleman Mach unit. It was a little pricey at $1500 but we were already spending big bucks anyway so we had the Coleman Mach 10 installed to include the outside unit, inside unit and thermostat. WOW - what a difference! A few days later we did our walk-thru and the coach was cold with improved air flow and we were actually able to whisper to each other and hear the television without straining. We kept the 13.5k Dometic in the bedroom as it was doing a great job of cooling and having the sound of the ac in the bedroom usually helps me sleep better anyway. So for us it was well worth the money especially knowing that we have a full warranty now on the ac in the living area and something that we don't have to worry about (I hope). So just wanted to share our experience for those who would be wondering like ourselves.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2016 reflection 303rls and it has the Dometics. when we go to bed at night we run the back unit and let it be ducted into the bedroom and it is whisper quiet. Even watching tv in the front room isn't that noisy. We really like ours.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic ac

We have the 303:Reflection with 2 ac's. We have had no problems at all.

So we have been looking at the new Reflection 367bhs and have noticed that all the units sold down here have 2 acs and they have been the Coleman Mach units. We found a really nice used 2018 367bhs and it is equipped with Dometic acs. Did Grand Design install Dometic acs in the past?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry.. Dometic ac's..

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently talked with GD regarding the Reflection 287 RLTS and asked about the AC, I was told that the new builds are the Coleman Mac2... So, does this mean that they are quieter than previously used manufactures and models?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats what the rumor mill is saying?? I pick up my new 2020 303 tomorrow and I will find out and report back.
    Dan, Marcia, Emilee, Tanner, Zac
    2020 Chevy 3500 HD Crew 6.6L Duramax
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    And my early Reflection 323BHS has the Atwood a/c unit. Lippert has since purchased Atwood and done away with the competition.

We like the Atwood unit.
    Lippert purchased the running gear portion of Atwood. Dometic purchased the appliance business. The Atwood ac is still available with the Dometic name. Installed one for a customer a few weeks ago.
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast