User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screen removal problem

I am trying to remove the screens in the small vertical-sliding windows in my rig to clean them. The window only partially opens and I can’t see how to get the screen out. It slides up and down in its channel but doesn’t seem to want to come out. The screens pop out easily on all the other style windows.

Anyone figured this out?

Bob
    2014 Ford F-150 Ecoboost / Max Tow / HD Payload
    2018 Reflection 295RL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting way to remove them that I just read about. You have to open the window and slide the screen up a few inches. Then grab the bottom right side with your right hand, pushing to the left and use your left hand on the left edge to also push to the left. If you can move it an 1/8 to a 1/4 inch, you can slip the right side out of the channel. Here is a pic of the removed screen to see just what you are up against (strong springs).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GKB_1506.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	23659
    Gary

2017 Solitude 374TH-R
    2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually
    2010 Honda NT700V
    2014 Sherco

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is helpful. I have a screen with a hole in it where some knucklehead(s) were trying to get through the window in our slide to access the rear living portion of our camper after breaking in through the entry door. Could never figure out how to remove the screen so that I could replace the screen fabric. Thanks!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.