I am wanting to make some changes to the the plumbing on my Toy Hauler fuel system. As there are two separate tanks, one for the onboard Onan and one for Toy refueling. I know I have seen somewhere (no idea where though), where folks have "combined" the two tanks through a series of valving components and maybe a "T".

So here is what I would like to end up with. With valves set in "Normal" position, the generator would draw fuel from the generator tank, and the fueling station would draw fuel from the fueling tank......just like it is set up to do from the factory. In the other valve position (unnamed yet), I would be able to turn the valve(s) and allow fuel to be drawn from the generator tank and NOT the fueling station tank. This position would utilize the GPI fueling pump to draw fuel from the generator tank and be dispensed through the fuel pump nozzle.

The advantages for this would be:

1. I could use the fuel that is in the generator tank to refuel any toys or whatever I need the fuel for.

2. During the winterization process, when I knew the camper was not going to be used, I could use the pump to draw fuel out of the generator tank and recycle it BACK INTO the generator tank while adding StaBil fuel stabilizer to the fuel that is in that tank.........then when complete, run the Onan generator enough to get the treated fuel into the carb.

So, if anyone has done this, or has read about someone that has done this mod, could you pleas post a link or info to this mod. If you've done it yourself, could you please provide the details on how to accomplish this.....drawing, parts list, etc. I'm sure I've seen where it has been done, maybe on some other brands or whatever, but this this mod would not be brand specific, it might help others that are in the same boat I am....

Hopefully we have a pipefitter or two on here, or someone that has done this themselves