User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchertx View Post
    The article i referenced showed the warmest thermistor position was top of the fin far right side, coolest was the center fin at the bottom. The cord on the thermistor allowed me to move it close to the center and attach it at the bottom of the fin. This helped my unit start running in the 30’s vs the 40’s.

http://rvrefrigeratorrepair.com/unca...istor-shuffle/
    That is a very interesting article. Perhaps the fins to the left are warmer, but lowering it seems odd. Every picture and every fridge I have seen has an arrow on the side wall pointing cooler is raising the thermistor. I solved my issue with an after market thermostat with a temp adjusting control. Now I have no thermistor to move around. I just turn the control. This is the link to the device: https://www.snip-the-tip.com

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QCGoldwinger View Post
    I’m having similar problems, can you describe location of thermistor & bottom of fin.
    I opened up both access panels on outside of refrigerator, upper panel has plate covering coil, bottom one has control panel but no access to coil. Where do I look?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That link doesn't work!

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QCGoldwinger View Post
    I opened up both access panels on outside of refrigerator, upper panel has plate covering coil, bottom one has control panel but no access to coil. Where do I look?
    Thermistor is on the inside of the fridge.

On the cooling fins.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do yourself a favor and buy the fridge defend by ARP. Buying this is about as enjoyable as buying a mattress but after spending and entire summer trying to maximize my cooling efforts I found this to be the best mod yet. Other than the boiler protection part i like that it keeps it in the refrigerant making process longer and drives the temps down much faster. I purchased the newer model and use it to control all the fans. I control what temp I need my fans to run. The snap switch at the top of the condenser is a joke. The factory setting is wayyy too high. Also by the time it kicks in the boiler temps are higher than they should be. I know it sounds like overkill but I am controlling 5 external fans and 2 internals with this unit. I see temps below freezing in the fridge and actually negative numbers in the freezer. On the hottest days I might hit the upper 30’s if I am in the fridge a lot. For the record I live on the coast south of Houston so it gets hot. I also discovered a hot zone in my fridge. The lowest rack runs about 5 degrees warmer than the top. This is even with internal fans. Another thing I learned is I get lower on electric than gas. My theory is because when I am on gas the boiler cranks out a bunch more heat that gets trapped up top which in turn hinders the cooling by the fans. I can go on and on but fans are a must. Placement is critical too. Also, before you spend a dime....just remove the vent cover up top and make sure it’s open. I saw a guy who had a piece of luan that went all the way to the top. He hand no potential of air flow. It was sad that the quality guys let that out but it happens

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchertx View Post
    The article i referenced showed the warmest thermistor position was top of the fin far right side, coolest was the center fin at the bottom. The cord on the thermistor allowed me to move it close to the center and attach it at the bottom of the fin. This helped my unit start running in the 30’s vs the 40’s.

http://rvrefrigeratorrepair.com/unca...istor-shuffle/

So if your fridge isn't getting cold enough even on the highest setting, and before adding any external fans, should you just experiment with moving the thermistor? My fridge is fine, but hasn't been that hot yet and I'm thinking ahead.
    2020 Imagine Mk2670
    Tow vehicle - 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.6L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I moved it and it helped more than the fans.
    Don’t forget to make sure that flap is closed right. I finally put a washer under the left door to make sure it didn’t get hung up.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To check the flap I placed a very bright flashlight inside the fridge on the right side pointed at the middle of the doors. I closed the fridge left door first then right and I could see light along the entire flap. When I manually pushed the flap completely closed the light was gone and the fridge performance was great. Like others have said a washer placed under the left door pivot allows the flap to close properly.

I found the flap issue after I installed accessory fans. With the flap open they didn’t help. Now that the flap is fixed I can turn the accessory fans off and the fridge still works great.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKilmer View Post
    To check the flap I placed a very bright flashlight inside the fridge on the right side pointed at the middle of the doors. I closed the fridge left door first then right and I could see light along the entire flap. When I manually pushed the flap completely closed the light was gone and the fridge performance was great. Like others have said a washer placed under the left door pivot allows the flap to close properly.

I found the flap issue after I installed accessory fans. With the flap open they didn’t help. Now that the flap is fixed I can turn the accessory fans off and the fridge still works great.
    Same here.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKilmer View Post
    I do not have this type fridge, ours is just a single door unit. However I'm always reading these postings on here and learning things. In this case I'm missing something. You speak of placing a washer someplace on the left hand door. I'm trying to figure out where you placed it. Does anyone have a picture of this?
    Jim T.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast