User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my Davy Crockett about 6 months ago. Works great. Folds down and fits perfectly in storage. I'm no longer considering vegetarianism.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW, before reading this thread I had never heard on the GMG line of smokers.
    We have been looking and thought Traeger was the one. GMG just got our business.
    Thanks to all of you for educating us.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Price vs. performance, there is nothing that beats a Weber Smokey Mountain. Just did 20lbs of Country Style pork ribs today...

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This fits in the bed of my truck, but could fit in some basements. I am Big Green Egg guy at home. The Kamado Joe - Joe Jr. is awesome. I have taken it on all our trips. Charcoal grilling and smoking for amazing food quality anywhere you are. Here is link - https://www.bbqgalore.com/kamado-joe-joe-jr. I got mine on sale at Costco (they have once or twice a year) for about $300.00. Worth every penny.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer View Post
    This fits in the bed of my truck, but could fit in some basements. I am Big Green Egg guy at home. The Kamado Joe - Joe Jr. is awesome. I have taken it on all our trips. Charcoal grilling and smoking for amazing food quality anywhere you are. Here is link - https://www.bbqgalore.com/kamado-joe-joe-jr. I got mine on sale at Costco (they have once or twice a year) for about $300.00. Worth every penny.
    Just curious
    I too love my Big Green Egg at home.
    The BGE and Komado are ceramic, heavy and break easy.
    How do you pack and unpack for using while camping.?
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got the truck, so going to try the truck bed this weekend (I verified it fits). Planning to take out of the stand, set on bed on top of a moving blanket and strap to side. I have been transporting it for the last 2 years either in my Keystone travel trailer (sitting on the floor in the stand) or in the back of my 4Runner in the stand. While it is ceramic, it is about 1.5" thick, so really not that fragile.
    Last edited by Imagineer; 10-22-2020 at 04:38 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That gmg sure got my curiosity. I was just about to buy a Bradley digital for the house but with this gmg I could bring it along with us and make a whole lot of neighbors at the campsite jealous and hungry. Lol. Unbelievable, I just check a dealer that has them here in Ottawa, Canada and they are asking $1300 CAD. In the states its $300 USD. Crooks. I understand that business needs to make money but that's ridiculous. Border is only an hour away.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    That gmg sure got my curiosity. I was just about to buy a Bradley digital for the house but with this gmg I could bring it along with us and make a whole lot of neighbors at the campsite jealous and hungry. Lol. Unbelievable, I just check a dealer that has them here in Ottawa, Canada and they are asking $1300 CAD. In the states its $300 USD. Crooks. I understand that business needs to make money but that's ridiculous. Border is only an hour away.

They are typically $399 here. $1300 is ridiculous. That is typical price for XL Big Green Egg. Good luck.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, when I first considered getting a good smoker, I called to see if George Burns was available. Sadly he's dead. So the GMG was my 2nd choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post

Just a couple comments on Bradley smokers. I bought a Bradley BS611 in 2015. I used it extensively for family gatherings year around. Within about a year and a half the plastic door hinges began to fatigue and broke. The constant heating and cooling must have affected the plastic parts. Bradley was of no help as it was out of warranty. I could of bought another set of hinges on my dime but decided to just jerry rig the door. The smoker heating element works when it wants to now. In our Ohio winters it simply doesn’t have the insulation nor power to maintain safe temperatures so it’s become a summer-only back-up smoker to my Camp Chef. The pucks get to be expensive on long smokes like pork shoulder or brisket. It’s entirely possible they’ve upgraded the models to be more resilient however I’ve finally moved on and got a pellet smoker. This one just sits on a shelf reminding me of the $250 I dropped to have it work for about a year. My guess is if you're in warmer climates these hold up better. Hopefully someone can post a more favorable experience to offset mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MooManChu; 10-23-2020 at 09:10 AM.
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast