User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy cats Bat Man!! Yeah you might have a little issue there. My window frame was nothing like that but I ran a small bead of silicone anyway.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My concern is I know that silicone does not stick to silicone. It is bandaged for now, but the proper way to do this would to at least scrape off all the old sealant, clean it with alcohol and reseal it. Or totally remove the window.
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never had a problem with silicone sticking to silicone as long it the surface was properly cleaned. Use a good silicone like Permatex or Loctite.

I suppose a guy could also use Dicor non-leveling sealant, but you would have to be really careful keeping it hidden and off of your brown window frame as it is white in color.

If your rig is only a few months old, I'd take a bunch of pictures with date stamps prior to sealing up the crack. Present your case to the dealer that the window should be repaired under warranty, but being that you had a trip planned you had to take some action.

Or if you have the time, take your rig to the dealer now and have them fix it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a message in to the deal already. I want to make sure this is covered appropriately in case the worst happens.
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's good. Hopefully the dealer will make note of that, and I'm sure you will have a copy of that correspondence to keep on file as well.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SJMaye View Post
    While I was up sealing the window fame plugs I inspected the frame against the exterior fiberglass wall. There was an area where it was not sealed properly. There was an area about 1' long that appeared to be a 1/16" wide gap where no silicone sealant was present. You can see it in the photo below. I sealed it and inspected all the rest of the windows. Two more had areas where the silicone was not consistent, leaving gaps.

I have resealed these, but I am afraid of delamination in the long term. Should I contact GD and make them aware of this such that if I do get delamination down the road it would be covered (I hope)
    I'd probably contact GD since this is new trailer.

I have found gaps at the rear window on mine and it was a pucker factor.
    I did find on mine there is a foam gasket further down from the edge of the frame, between the window frame and wall. So the sealant gaps didn't let water straight in.
    There are some documents for these windows. I think they may be the LCI 8800 series sliding windows.
    One of these PDFs is for FR, but same LCI windows.

https://support.lci1.com/windows
    RV Exterior Window OEM Installation Manual ccd_0001725 - LCI

https://support.lci1.com/recalls-tec...vice-bulletins
    FR TSB 51-0956 LCI 8800 SERIES WINDOW REPAIR
    TI-321 8800 Series Window Water Barrier Reinforcement Process
    TI - 315: Clearing Condensation in a Lippert 8800 Series Dual Weep Window
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone has given great thoughts and advice here. Thanks, Gene, for those relevant documents. If they aren’t in our Reference section, they really should be.

Nancy
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    I have found gaps at the rear window on mine and it was a pucker factor.
    "Pucker Factor"? Please explain.
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found about a cup of water on the floor at the corner of the back wall and the end table the other day after a noreaster on the oceanfront in NY. Also the mat at the door was wet. I thought the water had blown in at the bottom of the door since I can see daylight at the bottom corners. I just checked my rear window and don't see any issues that this conversation had addressed. Will look again tomorrow since we are back home. 2019 2500RL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am on a trip now. It has been raining non-stop for 3 hours. No leaks since resealing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast