User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyeeMan View Post
    That also looks like the same rear window we have in our 2018 2970RL. last summer when it would rain against the rear window I would get a small trickle water down the non-sliding window pane. I looked at the top and sides of the window frame outside and it looked as tight as it could be. But I did notice something. On the bottom "rail" of the frame you will see you either 2 or 4 scuppers or water drain holes. If your window is like ours you will also have 2 or 4 water drains on the top rail, only these will have rubber plugs in the holes. I took each one of those rubber plugs out, applied clear silicone around the plug, reinstalled it and wiped up the access. Just cuz I was there, I ran a small bead of silicon along the very top edge of the window frame.

Not sure which was the fix but there is no leak any more and we've had rains of biblical proportion here lately.
    I had a similar problem. I reseated the seal around the window with a plastic tool used for dash repairs on cars. I had a tech check the window and he told me that the most common problem is those rubber plugs. He does exactly what you suggested and that seems to do the job.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @SJMaye that's good to here you had success. Have a fabulous trip!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had s downpour today and checked back window. Looks like water in same spot as picture of window and small puddle on floor under it. Will seal those rubber plugs and keep eye on it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sail96 View Post
    Had s downpour today and checked back window. Looks like water in same spot as picture of window and small puddle on floor under it. Will seal those rubber plugs and keep eye on it.
    Don't forget to check the seal between the window frame and fiberglass.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by TyeeMan View Post
    You could. What I did was, I pulled out the rubber plug and laid a tiny bead of silicone around the perimeter of the rubber plug, then reinstall the plug, wipe up extra silicone. That way I knew for certain that the plug had sealant on it.
    This was my problem too! Fixed it. So thankful for people smarter than me or at least ones that think of this kinda stuff LOL. We had a gullywasher on our last trip and not a drop!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This topic has me both concerned and disappointed. We take delivery of our new 2600RB in the next few weeks. Our old Prowler (also purchased new) apparently had windows that were leaking inside the wall. The camper was never wet on the inside, but the walls have rotted from the inside out. Really a bad deal as it was always stored inside over the winter months, only out in the elements May through October.

I ordered a Grand Design camper because I thought that they were built better to avoid these kinds of problems. Looks like I'll be taking a step ladder with me to inspect the windows and seams when we take possession.

John

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 59 Apache View Post
    This topic has me both concerned and disappointed. We take delivery of our new 2600RB in the next few weeks. Our old Prowler (also purchased new) apparently had windows that were leaking inside the wall. The camper was never wet on the inside, but the walls have rotted from the inside out. Really a bad deal as it was always stored inside over the winter months, only out in the elements May through October.

I ordered a Grand Design camper because I thought that they were built better to avoid these kinds of problems. Looks like I'll be taking a step ladder with me to inspect the windows and seams when we take possession.

John
    I would highly recommend looking over your trailer during the pre purchase inspection with a fine comb. We too purchased a Gd because of their supposed better quality. What we bought turned out to be the opposite and so far we keep on encountering issues even though we found plenty at our inspection. In a way all the issues we found should of been a warning to walk away...live and learn I guess
    2022 Ram 2500 Laramie - Cummins
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll start making my check list.

John

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a leak in the same window. I resealed it and still had the leak. I then took a look at the rear camera mount and sealed around the top and it hasn't leaked again.
    2019 Reflection 315RLTS
    2019 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab PSD SRW

Former set up:
    2013 Kodiak 291RESL
    2017 Ford F150 Platinum

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234