User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greystone Fireplace operations question

It appears that while in the On position but not producing heat, because I have it set below the temp necessary to produce heat, I can manipulate the remote to adjust any of the settings. However, if the unit is running/producing heat, I cannot adjust the temperature downward, only upward, and that requires me to run the remote ‘temp’ button upward one push (degree) at a time all the way around the temperature band and back up again until I reach the desired setting.

Am I understanding the operation of this FP correctly or is there a much simpler way to adjust the temp? I’m digging around for the FP users manual but can’t find it at the moment. All help/tips appreciated.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schiefswret View Post
    It appears that while in the On position but not producing heat, because I have it set below the temp necessary to produce heat, I can manipulate the remote to adjust any of the settings. However, if the unit is running/producing heat, I cannot adjust the temperature downward, only upward, and that requires me to run the remote ‘temp’ button upward one push (degree) at a time all the way around the temperature band and back up again until I reach the desired setting.

Am I understanding the operation of this FP correctly or is there a much simpler way to adjust the temp? I’m digging around for the FP users manual but can’t find it at the moment. All help/tips appreciated.
    I'm almost 100% sure that I've adjusted our temp downwards while it was glowing / producing heat, not just in standby mode. Maybe others will chime in with similar reports.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, we shall see. Tks

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our vintage (2014) Greystone fireplace always goes upwards and we have to cycle through to get to the desired temp. Same upwards cycle with the brightness adjustment.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was actually confused for the longest time... the 5 levels of brightness have nothing to do with the heat (and yes, you can scroll through the options only one way). The temp setting is 1/2 of the heat - and, it too scrolls only one way, you have to go all the way up to 82 and roll over then button mash back up. Switching from 70 to 68 is tedious.

But don't forget the third button - the fan setting. You can set the thermostat all day long, but if you don't actually toggle the 00 to LL or HH - you're not going to get any air moving. That was my mistake for 3 days. (I probably should have re-RTFM).
    Scott & Fonda
    2015 F-250 SuperCrew SRW, 6.7L TD
    2020 Imagine 2670MK.........Equal-i-zer 1400#
    Kayaks: Perception Expression 11.5 and Carolina 12
    Bikes: Specialized S-works Amira, Felt Z95, DelSol Lxi 6.1, Electra Townie
    Virginia Beach

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it, thanks.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    I'm almost 100% sure that I've adjusted our temp downwards while it was glowing / producing heat, not just in standby mode. Maybe others will chime in with similar reports.
    OK, I was confused, sorry @Schiefswret.

Our fireplace is made by Furrion, not Greystone. We *can* adjust temp either up or down while it's glowing / producing heat. It doesn't have a fan control, but it does have enough controls for lights, flames, and colors to confuse a nuclear power plant operator. I'd give those up for a more-vigorous fan.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch