User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteHauler View Post
    Yes, there is something amiss here. I should have gotten these pictures before I sent the reply an hour or so ago. The included pictures are from the brochure previously quoted and from my door sticker. Quite a difference! Why? I don't know yet, but Ford Technical will get a call tomorrow. I have been living by the Payload numbers. The 2019 brochure can be downloaded from the Ford Super Duty site.
    Attachment 23202
    Attachment 23202
    Attachment 23203
    OK, I was off by 58 lbs.....I predicted 2200 even. Your's is a very common misconception. Lot's of folks don't know to go by the payload sticker on the door of the actual truck they want or have....they go by brochure numbers....which is always the maximum payload that the truck could be....could be....if configured correctly. And configured correctly for max payload always means the most minimalistic truck built, in other words Zero options, gas motor, vinyl seats, etc. Each and every option, while serving to make the truck a lot nicer and more comfortable/convenient, also serves to eat up available payload capacity...diesel engine/transmission, leather seating, running boards, bed liner, power everything and so on. Many of us have been through this same thing in our past and realized that the numbers you were posting was wrong.........sorry.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for the education! Good while it lasted! Now, back to loading this puppy!
    Cheers to all!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteHauler View Post
    Yes, there is something amiss here. I should have gotten these pictures before I sent the reply an hour or so ago. The included pictures are from the brochure previously quoted and from my door sticker. Quite a difference! Why? I don't know yet, but Ford Technical will get a call tomorrow. I have been living by the Payload numbers. The 2019 brochure can be downloaded from the Ford Super Duty site.
    Attachment 23202
    Attachment 23202
    Attachment 23203
    Yes marketing info and real world can be very different and deceiving unfortunately.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i went to secure my 297rsts, today, from lazydays. they are the first dealer i have ever dealt with that told me they will not hook up a trailer to an overloaded truck. wow. that's impressive. at least they are sensitive to the problem. i wonder how much business they lose because of this policy.
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS. Equalizer 1600 hitch. 2020 Chevrolet 2500 diesel short bed. Charley and Janis. Pets Zoie and Harley.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charley patton View Post
    i went to secure my 297rsts, today, from lazydays. they are the first dealer i have ever dealt with that told me they will not hook up a trailer to an overloaded truck. wow. that's impressive. at least they are sensitive to the problem. i wonder how much business they lose because of this policy.
    Charley.....a big Congratulations on the new Reflection....that's a beautiful trailer. We looked at a Momentum at that Lazy Days earlier this year. It was used and pretty rough for a two year old trailer, so we passed on that one. It's good to know that they care enough to ask about a tow vehicle when you are buying a trailer from them. The place we ended up buying from asked me too what I would be towing with for the Momentum that we were trying to buy.....it makes you have some faith in at least a few dealers doesn't it? You should be perfectly fine with that setup and your present truck. Did you get an tow hitch for it yet?
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I showed up with a 3500HD DRW when shopping for my trailer (was new and I needed to get some miles on it before towing) so they did not need to check that I had enough truck, but several people did comment that I had the RIGHT truck for the job. Makes me wonder how many sales they have done where they couldn't say the same.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charley patton View Post
    Congrats Charlie. Hope you enjoy your 297RSTS as much as we have this first year. If you have any questions just ask. There are quite a few of us 297 owners on the forum.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes the door jamb stickers are king when it comes to what you can and cannot do with these trucks. I know with Ford the white sticker will have the GVWR, FAWR and RAWR then the yellow sticker has the payload as well as tire size/load range and recommended inflation. I’m sure the same is true for other manufacturers as I know at least the yellow sticker is standardized. If you’re towing it should be the first thing you examine on any potential truck purchase.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for that. i'm trying to decide, right now, what hitch and batteries i'm going to purchase. i understand that i should get a 14,000/1400 size hitch. looking at reese and equalizer. maybe others as folks suggest. thinking about two odyssey pc680 batteries. i'd prefer 6 volt maintenance free, but they're just too dang expensive for me.

do you have any suggestions on these two purchases?
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS. Equalizer 1600 hitch. 2020 Chevrolet 2500 diesel short bed. Charley and Janis. Pets Zoie and Harley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks.

see my earlier post on hitches and batteries. would love your input.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast