User Tag List

Thread: Shower setup

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shower setup

We just bought a 2018 2150rb and are not sure what to do to the shower for our shampoo and body wash? What have some of you done and if you have pictures that would be great too. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suber81083 View Post
    We just bought a 2018 2150rb and are not sure what to do to the shower for our shampoo and body wash? What have some of you done and if you have pictures that would be great too. Thanks!

Hi and welcome!

For the shower, we bought a small Command bar (like a mini plastic towel bar) good for hanging a couple wash cloths. Put it on street side shower wall, high, left. Then we got a 2 tier, 15” metal shower caddy. It was intended to hang from the shower head, but we hung it below and to the left of the faucet handles. I was worried that the Command adhesive wouldn’t hold on the textured shower wall, but they are holding well. Lots of room in the caddy and everything is easily within reach.
    N
    Last edited by Houndbb; 10-15-2019 at 05:41 AM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My shower walls are smooth and the command products have been holding for 3 seasons now. I have enough ledges in mine for soap and shampoo, but I did install this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I removed the shower hose retaining loop and it left two holes. I sealed those and covered them with the command hooks. Wife hangs shower scrunchy things on it.

All that to say, command makes some things that should hold bottles well. For example: https://www.amazon.com/Command-Showe...s%2C151&sr=8-4
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks. I didn’t know command made water resistant stuff for the shower.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suber81083 View Post

Took some pictures.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3D2A98CC-FB4F-4E8C-BE7D-7D0B7D4C66EC.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	536.1 KB 
ID:	23185

As you can see, this was intended to hang from the shower head pipe, but of course that’s not in an RV. We used two Command hooks on either side of the top horizontal wire of the rack. The bottom, back wire has two suction cups that don’t always stay attached to the textured shower wall, but they buffer any movement while traveling. We chose to mount it lower in the shower to avoid banging shoulders and elbows on it while showering. (On our “to do” list is to replace the faucet that was installed and caulked askew-some day when we’re not doing essential repairs!)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C6EDCFA2-6B9A-4EB9-B0FF-0FFC8EE36C86.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	659.1 KB 
ID:	23186
    This little bar is a Command product and it’s handy.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L