User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also have the 310GK-R and very happy with the choice. Since we prefer to boondock we were hesitant on the residential fridge, but ultimately decided since we are full-timers the residential would be the better choice, so we went ahead with it and factored in the residential fridge in my solar & battery bank build. Having said that, if we were in your shoes of mostly plugging into shore power I would not be at all concerned with the 2-12v batteries and inverter provided for operation of the fridge while driving. We in fact drove the 200 miles from the dealer with food in the fridge to the park we were staying in at the time and had ample battery power upon arrival.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Planning question for those of you who already have a 310GK: can anyone tell me what the headroom is in the bathroom (on the floor - not in the shower)?

Thanks,

Rob
    No quantitative numbers, but I am 6' 3" and the head room in the bathroom is fine for me. In the shower, I have to stand in the "Vista Dome", but otherwise it is fine. Good luck. We really like our 310GK (wish we had gone with the residential refrigerator).

Hope this helps.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We upgraded to the 374TH-R Solitude from the almost as good 2016 380TH Momentum. The residential frig in the Solitude has been GREAT. We got home and found that the frig has an ice-maker. My wife was jumping up and down for joy.
    We have traveled with the frig off (forgot to turn on the inverter switch) for 4 hours and everything was still cold and frozen. We have boondocked overnight and the 2 group 31 AGM's we still above 12v in the morning and they were not full charged when we went to bed. We had run a Honda 2000 to charge a bit and watch a little TV.
    While traveling; I don't think there is going to be any issue with the batteries getting run down. The Samsung refrigerator has pretty thick walls, so it's run-time is going to be way less then 50% of the time.

Oh. By the way. My ice cream is SO HARD that I need to run some hot water on the ice cream scooper to be able to chisel some into a bowel. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Oh. By the way. My ice cream is SO HARD that I need to run some hot water on the ice cream scooper to be able to chisel some into a bowel. KEN
    I absolutely LOVE ice cream... too much. For health reasons, we don't buy it any more. Thanks for the input, though.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Planning question for those of you who already have a 310GK: can anyone tell me what the headroom is in the bathroom (on the floor - not in the shower)?

Thanks,

Rob
    Floor to ceiling is 6’6” in bathroom & Bedroom. Shower stall is 6’1” to ceiling but picks up 5” in the domed skylight. Hope this helps.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    Floor to ceiling is 6’6” in bathroom & Bedroom. Shower stall is 6’1” to ceiling but picks up 5” in the domed skylight. Hope this helps.
    Charlie
    Thanks, Charlie. Now we'll know whether we need to order another another floor-to-ceiling spring-loaded bar or not (didn't keep one section of the one we have). I think it'll still work, though.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess I missed this while out of town, nice choice Rob, we looked at the 310 before buying the 337. I would certainly go the Res. Fridge doing it over. We were looking at the new models a few days ago. Ours is too new to trade, but nice to look at. We drove from Seattle to Arkansas to pick ours up at Great Escapes due to pricing and availability. And by the way an Army nurse here also. Good luck with the plan.
    Don and Brenda
    2014 F350 CC Platinum SRW SB
    2019 Reflection 337 build 8/19
    Andersen ultimate rail mount

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always seem to be late to the conversation, but some threads just get me thinking. There is much more that I want to talk and ask about full timing, but for now I'll just weigh in on the fridge question. If it's too late for Rob, maybe it will be of value to someone else.

In Rob's case he is traveling 4 hours max. Let's all back up to the sticks and bricks. I live in an area where power outages are not uncommon. When the power goes out at my house its not really a big deal. After 8 or ten hours the butter or the ice cream might get a little soft but I've never lost anything from the fridge or the freezer.

So, on my opinion, for those that are plugged in except on travel days I would definitely go residential.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll With The Changes View Post
    I always seem to be late to the conversation, but some threads just get me thinking. There is much more that I want to talk and ask about full timing, but for now I'll just weigh in on the fridge question. If it's too late for Rob, maybe it will be of value to someone else.

In Rob's case he is traveling 4 hours max. Let's all back up to the sticks and bricks. I live in an area where power outages are not uncommon. When the power goes out at my house its not really a big deal. After 8 or ten hours the butter or the ice cream might get a little soft but I've never lost anything from the fridge or the freezer.

So, on my opinion, for those that are plugged in except on travel days I would definitely go residential.
    The rig has been built and was at MORryde last week for the IS and brakes. Later this week it will probably start its journey to Augusta, GA, where we will pick it up in about four weeks. In addition to the residential frig, it's got the solar option and two Battle Born 100 AH batteries waiting for it at the dealership. Between the batteries, the solar, and the 2,000 watt inverter, the frig won't have to go unplugged at all.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing no one has mentioned is fire. Absorbtion fridges are a possible source of fire, while residential fridges are much less likely to catch fire. Residential fridges can be run off level to a greater degree than absorbtion fridges without damage to the boiler - since they don't have a boiler.
    I've been fulltiming in my 310GK for about a year and a half, including a trip from near San Diego to Alaska and back, and I couldn't be happier with my rig. The one thing I wish I had done differently is the fridge. I have 960 watts of solar on the roof and 3 Battle Born LiFePO batteries, and I boondock most of the time. I'm convinced my electrical system would power the newer residential fridge with little or no problem, although I do hang out where there's lots of sun.
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    Ford F350 CC, SB, SRW 4X4 with the 6.7 L diesel
    Pull Rite 18K superglide

James and his more or less faithful sidekick, Indy the Rescue Dog

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast