User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250RK Rear Grey Tank/Drain question

Since the rear grey drain (kitchen sink) is separate from the front grey/black combo drain, is there any reason why we cannot keep the rear drain open at all times while camping at full service locations? All input appreciated.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking over all posts for the 2250RK model. We camp in a public spot each summer and with our older tent trailer we simply had a hose leading out to an open area for grey water but did not leave the drain valve open at all times. We plan on only draining the kitchen tank when 1/2 full or so when we take our TT to this spot for the first time so I don't see a reason why not but perhaps you leave it closed, attached an extra drain hose to it and empty during the day when the ground can soak it up a bit?
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus with factory tow package - 2 sway controllers
    TT Ready for boondocking with solar installed on roof

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M&Lcamping View Post
    Looking over all posts for the 2250RK model. We camp in a public spot each summer and with our older tent trailer we simply had a hose leading out to an open area for grey water but did not leave the drain valve open at all times. We plan on only draining the kitchen tank when 1/2 full or so when we take our TT to this spot for the first time so I don't see a reason why not but perhaps you leave it closed, attached an extra drain hose to it and empty during the day when the ground can soak it up a bit?
    Hi M&L,

I’m guessing your pop-up did not have a black tank? A TT does not afford you separate pipes for dumping grey and black water. After the first dump, your drain is then contaminated. Most CGs have a policy of NO dumping water on the ground and I frankly don’t know what tenters do with dish water these days. State by state, I think you will find all have regulations against open dumping, even of grey water.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added this Valterra sewer cut off valve; extra safe guard to prevent accidental spill of black water. I drilled very small hole 1/16" after installed at top where it connects to camper and used very small short screw to lock valve into place. Some people have glued valve to prevent it from coming loose when removing sewer hose but then you have problem down the road if you need to remove.

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-...dDbGljaz10cnVl

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    A TT does not afford you separate pipes for dumping grey and black water. After the first dump, your drain is then contaminated.
    N
    First I agree with you about dumping grey water on the ground and wouldn't do it if it was legal or not. As a tenter, I would take my dishwater over to a drain, usually near a water spigot to dump. However, the 2250 RK model of the Imagine has two separate grey tanks, one for the kitchen, and one for the shower/bath. There are two seperate valves and seperate sewer connections. One connection in the rear and one connection near the bath that also has the black tank value. The kitchen grey tank is not connected to the black tank only the bath grey tank is connected.
    Dave & Susan Huizen
    2020 Imagine 2250RK
    2019 Ford Ranger

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct, no Black tank. The dish washing water was collected in a bucket and drained back into the woods a few yards to which the camp hosts were fine with. Our 2250RK has a separate Kitchen grey tank as you know so was only referring to that tank. However, state and local laws change overtime so will need to look into this as we camp at this site again later in the year.
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus with factory tow package - 2 sway controllers
    TT Ready for boondocking with solar installed on roof

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the quirks of the 2250RK, two dump pipes. Usually seen on much larger trailers where distance makes the running and flow rates in drains almost impossible. The other Imagines (2150RB and 2600RB) as I recall run the drain lines from the tank/valve back to a single dump point. When we were looking the sales guy advised that the front tanks could be dumped first, then move the sewer hose to dump the kitchen sink grey tank, flushes the sewer hose. Personally,, I prefer to just connect the sewer hose once.
    Every CG we use does not permit grey water being dumped on the ground, especially kitchen water which may contain food particles, fats and grease and harsher detergents than bath/shower water.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    since my first post, i simply use a Y connection to connect to the campsite drain. yes it takes three hoses but once your set up it’s no big deal. i like having a total of 90 gal of grey tank capability.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schiefswret View Post
    since my first post, i simply use a Y connection to connect to the campsite drain. yes it takes three hoses but once your set up it’s no big deal. i like having a total of 90 gal of grey tank capability.
    Good solution, it is the only real solution I think. Virtually all the GDRV Imagines have between 80 and 90 gallons of grey water don’t they? Assuming 90 gallons of grey and even 30 gallons of black, you don’t want to move to far with some 1000 pounds of waste water do you. I like the tanks to be at least 1/2 full before dumping.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.