Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Actual weights

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ....and in many cases i’ve read how the yellow sticker and the Specification sheet provided by the manufacturer to the dealer and then given to the buyer do not always match up perfectly, so if you consider that ‘wrong’ then i suppose so. i think the issue/question is, which is most accurate.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be helpful to have the actual RV hitch/pin weights right on the RV too as these are very important.

To the OP, hopefully you can look at actual trailers at a dealer close to you and have the dealer show to you the actual weight information sheet (like I posted for our 303) for the given trailer(s) you are interested in. Heck maybe even just calling a few GDRV dealers to talk about your legitimate questions, maybe they will be helpful and share it over the phone. I think these sheets are in the owner packet information when the RV is delivered to the dealer.

If going to or calling dealers does not work maybe Steve @huntr70 or Clint @cleazenby a couple of our helpful dealer forum members will be gracious enough to help you out with your questions.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2 cents worth. Imagine trailers have between about 7% to 9% of the gross trailer weight on the tongue. The 2250RK is right around 7% as I recall. The published tongue weight will be within 2% or so of the actual, actual being higher. To the advertised tongue weight add:
    2% of published tongue weight.
    90% of full propane load, typically 36# based on 2X20# tanks. (Empty tanks are in the dry trailer weight)
    80% of battery weight, typically 40# based on single group 27 battery at 50#.
    65% of everything in the front stowage and master bedroom wardrobes.

These are based on a ratio of distance between the coupler and center of axles and the center point of propane, battery and stowage to the center of axles. The further from the axle mid point and closer to the coupler the more weight will be on the coupler/hitch. I calculated mine and the CAT scale was within 20#.

My TV is “loaded” before towing, sticker payload is 1392#. Subtract 450# (two of us and our 135# dog), 50# for Andersen hitch, 100# in the truck bed and I have about 750# for hitch weight.

At close to 1700# payload, you are fine with the 2250RK and I assume the Transcend might be a touch lighter.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great info! much thanks for that!!
    travel safe!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i clarify above ...this is the only way “that I know of” .......

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsman3 View Post
    Looking at XLS22RBE & 2250RK. Anybody have any knowledge with the actual weight of these versus the advertised? What about actual hitch versus advertised. I'm mostly concerned about hitch weight. Want to also look at the 2500RL but i think hitch weight might be to much? I have a 2016 F150 Lariat Screw 4x4 with the 5.0 so it will tow anyone one of these weight wise but depending on hitch weight i might not have enough payload (1620lbs.) Myself, wife & dog take up 460lbs of it. I was told to figure 100lbs for WDH. RTIC Cooler with Ice and beverages 100lbs & misc items i'm guessing 200lbs. That leaves 760lbs for hitch weight. Does this all sound about right? Truck weighs 5675lbs with full tank. Maybe i'm figuring to high on the WDH.and everything we would bring or would i be better off putting them in the trailer? Would it make a difference? This will be our first TT so new to all this.
    When I first bought my 2250RK I had an F-150 that I had done tire and suspension upgrades to, the truck also had a 5.0 engine and did OK pulling the trailer. The problem you will have is payload capacity, after I weighed the truck with fuel and hitch without any cargo and did the math, I "legally" had only 50lbs of payload capacity left. Grand Designs advertised tongue weight listings are low, my trailers tongue weight without water and loaded for camping including full propane and two 6volt batteries up front is just at 1000 lbs. My Brother who has the same trailer is just shy of 900 lbs. Depending on how and what you load on the trailer will reduce your tongue weight and ultimately what you can or should carry in the bed of the pick-up, with a 1/2 to you will always be at or near the trucks stated cargo capacity. Best of luck!
    Steve & Cindy
    2018 Imagine 2250RK
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax Denali

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Attached copies of our 303 weight sheet and yellow sticker on the drivers side of the RV. You will notice that the numbers match as they should. The yellow sticker pictures posted by some dealers are specific to that RV trusting they posted the correct picture for that RV.

Attachment 23128Attachment 23129

Dan
    This is interesting, the GVWR shows 11995 lb max... .but, Axle weight is 5080 lb perr axle.... it does not seem to add up?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I have a 2019 2500RL. My build sheet said it weighed 6150lbs. I believe the 2020’s are even higher. Most the storage in this unit is in front of axles and I would estimate a tongue weight around 900-1000lbs with a little water in the tanks.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidki View Post
    This is interesting, the GVWR shows 11995 lb max... .but, Axle weight is 5080 lb perr axle.... it does not seem to add up?
    This is common as there will always be some weight on the tongue/hitch of the tow vehicle. Our 367BHS has a GVWR of 14995# on two 7000# axles.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I was just making an observation, it probably is just fine it seems like GD thinks out their designs and engineering... thanks for the reply.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast