Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Actual weights

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actual weights

Looking at XLS22RBE & 2250RK. Anybody have any knowledge with the actual weight of these versus the advertised? What about actual hitch versus advertised. I'm mostly concerned about hitch weight. Want to also look at the 2500RL but i think hitch weight might be to much? I have a 2016 F150 Lariat Screw 4x4 with the 5.0 so it will tow anyone one of these weight wise but depending on hitch weight i might not have enough payload (1620lbs.) Myself, wife & dog take up 460lbs of it. I was told to figure 100lbs for WDH. RTIC Cooler with Ice and beverages 100lbs & misc items i'm guessing 200lbs. That leaves 760lbs for hitch weight. Does this all sound about right? Truck weighs 5675lbs with full tank. Maybe i'm figuring to high on the WDH.and everything we would bring or would i be better off putting them in the trailer? Would it make a difference? This will be our first TT so new to all this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They say that hitch weight is 10% of total weight of trailer. So you would be fine. And if your using weight distribution this will help too(someone correct me if I’m wrong).You should have no problem towing this TT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just went through this and did a number of weight measurements on my 2017 Tundra & 2020 2670MK which are detailed in the following thread. Unfortunately you will have to wade through it as I generated them over a period of time.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ht-is-1000-lbs!

Buckaroo
    Last edited by Buckaroo; 10-17-2019 at 06:36 AM.
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there. I have heard that each specific trailer is weighed dry...no battery no tanks for the hitch weight. And also depending on how you load your basement the weight changes. I've heard people weigh each specific item and then make a spreadsheet of what they load when they go. I did mine with that crazy bathroom scale layout and I think it was pretty accurate. Good luck.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The document that provides the true actual weight and others specifications of a specific unit is supplied to the buyer at time of sale by the dealership and also indicates the specific VIN number that the specifications are connected to. This is the ONLY way that I am aware of to know factually the information you are looking for. All other info found online regarding a particular make/model are only estimates. I not only know this from purchasing 2 tt’s new but have read this same info numerous times on many reputable RV forums.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schiefswret View Post
    The document that provides the true actual weight and others specifications of a specific unit is supplied to the buyer at time of sale by the dealership and also indicates the specific VIN number that the specifications are connected to. This is the ONLY way that I am aware of to know factually the information you are looking for. All other info found online regarding a particular make/model are only estimates. I not only know this from purchasing 2 tt’s new but have read this same info numerous times on many reputable RV forums.
    So you're saying that the Fed mandated sticker on the side of the unit is wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick calculation from the numbers off the manufacturers websites indicate that the tongue weights advertised are less than 10% of dry weight. So a more realistic guess on tongue weight would be 10% of GVWR of the trailer. If that number was anywhere close to eliminating wiggle room on your payload, then look for a smaller trailer or bigger truck.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...editprofilepic
    2019 Grand Design 303RLS
    2016 RAM 3500 SRW 6.7 I6 Cummins Diesel
    Tottenham, ON Canada

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attached copies of our 303 weight sheet and yellow sticker on the drivers side of the RV. You will notice that the numbers match as they should. The yellow sticker pictures posted by some dealers are specific to that RV trusting they posted the correct picture for that RV.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140512_101638.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	23128Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170216_080452.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	23129

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. unless i missed something, which is possible, i don’t see hitch weight on the yellow stickers and my post did not address the yellow stickers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast