User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Housing during long repair

We took our Reflection to the production plant and had someone look at it. It has been decided that our entire floor must be replaced. They are figuring on a month for the repair. My question is: Since we are full time will Grand Design provide a place for us to stay? If not what would you suggest?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design has permanent campsites with factory campers at the HQ for folks to utilize during repairs. Contact your GD Rep. for scheduling and details.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully GD will have an answer for you. We were kind of lucky, when we had a month repair it was the truck, not the Momentum, we could still live in the RV, just had to rent a car.

That being said, if I was in your situation I would be looking an Air B n B. We have stayed at different places over the last couple of years for various reasons, they have generally worked out quite well without bank breaking expense.

Good luck with your repair....
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivercityjeff View Post
    Grand Design has permanent campsites with factory campers at the HQ for folks to utilize during repairs.
    Jeff & Mary - that is great. We stayed at the small GDRV Service Center camping area last spring but had not heard about GDRV having campers to stay in during repairs. Where did you learn about this ? I had not seen or heard this anywhere until now.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Jeff & Mary - that is great. We stayed at the small GDRV Service Center camping area last spring but had not heard about GDRV having campers to stay in during repairs. Where did you learn about this ? I had not seen or heard this anywhere until now.

Dan
    . We took a factory tour this summer and were informed about the availability of campers at the factory for folks awaiting repairs.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We stayed part of the time in the residence inn and part of it in a caping cabin at a nearby rv park. Both allowed pets.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Gayler2. We will look into Residence inn if Grand Design has no suggestions.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My question on this program is, how would the OP stay in their trailer while the repairs are being made? It was indicated the repairs will take a month and the floor needs to be replaced, does not seem to be conducive to living in the trailer. If GD is saying it will be a month before the repairs can be started then I get staying at their site as an option, on the other hand for that matter it would seem an appointment could be made for the day the repairs are to start.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB&LAB View Post
    My question on this program is, how would the OP stay in their trailer while the repairs are being made? It was indicated the repairs will take a month and the floor needs to be replaced, does not seem to be conducive to living in the trailer. If GD is saying it will be a month before the repairs can be started then I get staying at their site as an option, on the other hand for that matter it would seem an appointment could be made for the day the repairs are to start.
    If I read the comments correctly, Grand Design has semi-permanent trailers in their camping area that customers can stay in if their repairs require them to be unable to use their own while it undergoes repair. I'm sure that GD tries to get to a stopping place each day in order to allow the owners to stay in their own but I am also sure that cannot be accomplished in some cases.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WackyPup View Post
    What is wrong with the floor? and how could you tell? I'm having flooring issues, but my trailer is much smaller - Imagine XLS 19RLE
    We have one of the few Reflection models build with laun on top and bottom and syrofoam core in the middle. The floor is dipping between floor joists. The guy that walked through probably weighs 140 and it dipped on him. They will have to remove the slides, take out the sink and then remove the floor. And do the reverse when they are done. I just hope they will make sure everything works and there are no slide leaks when all is complete.