User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    RetArmyMSG

369RL Plumbing diagram

After I took a shower this morning I went outside and noticed water leaking on the ground and it seemed to be coming from under the shower. I checked all the exterior water connections and they were dry. While the wife was showering, I watched from outside the rig and the water is dripping pretty steady from the underbelly protective cover so I imagine I have a leak somewhere around the shower drain.(there was no water leaking while the water was pressurized, only when the shower was operating) Before I remove the underbelly covers I was wondering if someone had a plumbing diagram for a 369RL. I would rather know what Im looking for before I start poking around. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before you start taking down the under-belly, you should check the utility area in the basement storage...you'll have to remove a couple of access panels. You should be able to look at all the shower drain piping and connection into the top of the gray tank from there.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

RetArmyMSG
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Monica View Post
    Before you start taking down the under-belly, you should check the utility area in the basement storage...you'll have to remove a couple of access panels. You should be able to look at all the shower drain piping and connection into the top of the gray tank from there.

Dave
    I have never messed with the access panels in the basement storage. Are they simple to remove? Any suggestions/pictures?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 305RE, in which I have taken the panels off. There is a lot of access to plumbing, but I don't remember if I could check the underside of the shower. To answer your question, yes the panels do come off easy. When I had them off, I screwed some studs back into the same holes where the screws came from, and bought some knobs to screw back onto the studs. That way, I can remove any of the panels, any time I need quick access.

Gord Fuchs
    Northfield Center' Ohio

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too would like a plumbing diagram for my 2015 369RL. I called customer service and was told by JD that engineering told him there was no plumbing diagrams available. I find it hard to believe that they can build an RV without a plumbing diagram. I would like one to know where and what to blow out when I winterize. Grand Design, if you are watching this, how about coming clean and making a diagram available.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pix Tom's phone 11-13-14 870.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	1120 Click image for larger version. 

ID:	1120 Scott, I have a picture from my 369rl that may help you. I managed to attach the same picture twice. hope this helps.
    Tom
    Gen & Tom - Arnold, MO.
    2014 Solitude 369RL #924
    2013 Chevy 3500HD 4X4 Dually 6.6L Duramax
    Trailer Saver Air Hitch
    RVing since 1982

RetArmyMSG
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTom View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

ID:	1120 Click image for larger version. 

ID:	1120 Scott, I have a picture from my 369rl that may help you. I managed to attach the same picture twice. hope this helps.
    Tom
    Thanks Tom. I ended up removing the access panel and got a good look at what you pictured. I thought the leak was coming from the shower drain so while the panel was off I had the wife pour a gallon of water down the shower drain. I didn't see a drop. It looks like I'll have to wait until next week when we take it out then I'll take a look while everything is hooked up with full water pressure.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scott -- I'm reading this thread long after you started it.
    But I'm wondering if the "leak" you saw while the shower was running might just have been the overflow from your gray tank being full.
    If it's not leaking while the supply lines are being fed and it is not leaking when you poured water down the drain sometime later..........

This has happened to me and I scratched my head for a while. It doesn't take long to fill up a waste tank with a shower and bath sink going
    to the same tank. The gauges are almost always unreliable and, in my experience, the gray tanks have overflow outlets so the water doesn't back up into the drains.

You might just check that scenario before you go chasing other possibilities.

K
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

RetArmyMSG
    Quote Originally Posted by Lingerlonger View Post
    Scott -- I'm reading this thread long after you started it.
    But I'm wondering if the "leak" you saw while the shower was running might just have been the overflow from your gray tank being full.
    If it's not leaking while the supply lines are being fed and it is not leaking when you poured water down the drain sometime later..........

This has happened to me and I scratched my head for a while. It doesn't take long to fill up a waste tank with a shower and bath sink going
    to the same tank. The gauges are almost always unreliable and, in my experience, the gray tanks have overflow outlets so the water doesn't back up into the drains.

You might just check that scenario before you go chasing other possibilities.

K
    Ken,

Thanks for the input...I was pretty baffled when I noticed the water leaking. It was actually coming from the underbelly cover that is between the frame and the Kantleak panel. Its been a few weeks since we have taken her out and as I mentioned in my last post, I only tried to check the leak after we got home while it was sitting in my back yard with no water pressure applied. We are off on a two week trip from El Paso to New Orleans starting next Friday so my plan is to check it out at our first stop in San Antonio. I hope it is nothing major but I will definitely take into consideration the possibility of full grey tanks.