User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I am unusual since I use Ford DEF. I have a 2012 and back then there was talk about possible warranty issues if you did not use Ford DEF. The main reason I use Ford DEF now is the spout stops the flow from the jug when the tank is full. Since we travel full time and hang out around small towns there is always a Ford dealer close by. I have found the price at Ford dealers to be between $13-$15 for 2.5gal. I like DEF trucks because they don’t stink. I grew up on a farm and worked construction or many years and was exposed to a lot of diesel exhust and anymore just hate the smell. As far as regens I never see them anymore. When the truck was new and I used it to commute ten miles to work I would see 3-4 or more regens messages a week. Once we went on the road the road the only time I see a regen is if we do a lot of local driving between moves. For the last couple of years we move every week or two. We always drive back roads so the truck has to work hard which is what it likes to do, keeps it cleaned out.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&J___ View Post
    I guess I am unusual since I use Ford DEF. I have a 2012 and back then there was talk about possible warranty issues if you did not use Ford DEF. The main reason I use Ford DEF now is the spout stops the flow from the jug when the tank is full. Since we travel full time and hang out around small towns there is always a Ford dealer close by. I have found the price at Ford dealers to be between $13-$15 for 2.5gal. I like DEF trucks because they don’t stink. I grew up on a farm and worked construction or many years and was exposed to a lot of diesel exhust and anymore just hate the smell. As far as regens I never see them anymore. When the truck was new and I used it to commute ten miles to work I would see 3-4 or more regens messages a week. Once we went on the road the road the only time I see a regen is if we do a lot of local driving between moves. For the last couple of years we move every week or two. We always drive back roads so the truck has to work hard which is what it likes to do, keeps it cleaned out.
    You can buy a spout from Ford that fits the other brands containers of DEF. The Ford spout will prevent overflow. I keep the spout in a plastic bag as an emergency if I need to buy DEF in the container vice at a truck stop pump.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never had an issue and it is fun filling your tank in less time than it takes to clean the windshield
    2017 F350 4x4 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m still very new to diesel; how often do you fill or top off the DEF?
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it tells you to.
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    We generally have about 3000 miles before we fill the DEF tank. With a full DEF tank we can travel from Central Texas up to Northern Indiana, over to Ohio and all the way back home to Texas and still have 1/4 tank of DEF left. gives you some idea of mileage before refilling the DEF tank. We generally refill DEF tank when it gets to about 1/4 tank. Seems to use the same amount of DEF whether we are towing the trailer or not. We fill DEF tank at fuel stations, Pilot/FlyingJ, Buc-ee's, Loves, etc. Haven't used the boxed stuff yet, no need, diesel fuel stations we use have DEF at the pump. It runs @ 3.00 /gallon at the pump, with the truck using so little DEF, at the price, its not worth shopping around for best price. Now 32 gallon diesel fuel tank, gas buddy is pretty good. Right now diesel is pretty low around Central Texas, $2.39/gallon.

When we bought the new diesel requiring DEF I was a little concerned, (reading all the stores) but now after 25,000 miles we don't think about it much.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    I add a box of Walmart DEF when my DEF gauge reads 1/2 full.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep my DEF at 1/2. Living in the hot climate here, the heat does a number on the life span of DEF so I don't want a full tank of DEF baking in the 90 degree summer heat when I only put on 3-4,000 miles.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345