User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! We just hit the road this morning pulling our 150 Series 5th-wheel with a Curt hitch and I was noticing this problem seemed to be getting worse. Now I know what to do about it!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a Reese Sidewinder with a Husky 16k hitch with my Ram short box mostly because my tv has the Rambox option. I will definitely be buying the custom fit wedge for that unit. The stock wedge wanders, and needs to be adjusted every few thousand miles. Great post. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too use the turning point feature and find it does what it’s designed to do flawlessly! That being said, I did have an issue when the dealer first installed the wedge onto my BW Patriot hitch. The GD paperwork said that the supplied wedge would fit but the service manager was not happy with the way it fit and in fact (much to my appreciation) said he would not let it go with that wedge in it. We contacted BW and Lippert and both said that a special wedge (which looks very similar to yours) was needed and they overnight shipped it to the dealer. I’m glad they did because not only is it a custom fit instead of a universal one but the one from BW is much beefier than the supplied one from Lippert. I have had no issues at all with it and would recommend using a “hitch specific” wedge instead of the “one size fits all” that comes with the turning point hitch.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Curt A16 hitch like listed earlier. The wedge does not fit the hitch well as we all know. Two things I did to correct it; I welded steel sides onto the wedge and custom fit it to the hitch. (this worked great) But, after many miles I noticed some play redeveloping in the wedge. I found that the side pressure between the hitch and wedge was causing the wedge to back away. The bolts were torqued correctly and had the special gripping washers but the slotted hole in the wedge allowed it to creep back. I marked the location of the front bolt in the wedge with a tight fit, then welded in steel blocks in the slot front and rear of the bolt to eliminate any movement. Bingo! Been perfect ever since.
    Dan and Deb
    2021 337RLS
    2020 Lariat Super Duty 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab Max Tow, Air Lift 5000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know. Thanks!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be careful to check your PullRite model with Reese. The SWW-09 for the PullRite doesn't fit all, at least not #1900 (16k) Industry Standard Super 5th.
    Ian & Dilys
    Reflection 150 Series 295RL 2019
    Ford F-150 3.5L Twin Turbo V6 EcoBoost 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also got a custom wedge for my B&W, the stock one had some slop in it & being my first fifth wheel I kept feeling something “weird” but didn’t know what. After doing a bunch of research I ordered my wedge from e-trailer & have been super happy since then, we’ll worth the money.
    2019 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 6.2L/3.73 gearing
    2015 Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7L - previous
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Used the B&W wedge great fit on my turning point .... note I think it is suppose to be torqued to 150 ft lbs ... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the curt 16k with their recommended wedge and its fine. I'm thinking of locking the pin box and hitting the parking lot to see if I'm uncomfortable with it. My TV is a Ram with the 6.4 bed. I think the Turning Point was really developed for some of these half ton 5.5' beds
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 295RL pulled by a 2016 Ram 2500 Hemi 6.4 (passes everything except a gas station)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12