Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Domestic refrigerator not working

When I woke up this morning the lights on front panel of the refrigerator where out. I tried switching the refrigerator to propane and nothing happened. The lights will come on while I push the buttons but won't stay on. I checked the power out side and it is working fine. I tried unplugging and plugging it back a c still nothing. We have not moved the trailer for 6 days and it has been working fine. Can any one help steer me in the direction on what to do next?

Grand Design
    Imagine
    2500RL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. I believe the panel lights are powered by your 12volt supply. Maybe check to see if your battery connections and battery is ok. When I power my camper down and the refrigerator is still turned on, my display shows it switched to lp mode. Maybe this thought will help.
    2018 Reflection 337RL / 2022 GMC Denali 3500HD CC LB Diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 242 checkmate View Post
    Hi. I believe the panel lights are powered by your 12volt supply. Maybe check to see if your battery connections and battery is ok. When I power my camper down and the refrigerator is still turned on, my display shows it switched to lp mode. Maybe this thought will help.
    I thank you for your help. I check my 12volt system and found that the converter is not charging my batteries. Now I have to figure why that's not working. I have my batteries hooked up to a charger and everything is now working.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thank you for your help. I check my 12volt system and found that the converter is not charging my batteries. Now I have to figure why that's not working. I have my batteries hooked up to a charger and everything is now working

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David,

Just to make it easier for folks to find this thread in the future, the brand of the frig is "Dometic," not "Domestic."

Have you checked to see if your battery cut-off switch in the basement is in the "On" position? Being in the "Off" position would cause the batteries not to charge and most 12V systems to not operate when not plugged into shore power.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come to find out my converter was blown. I had it replaced last night and it is working fine. I will have to invest in a good surge protector.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi David. Glad to hear your refrigerator issue is solved. Thank you for the updates. Jim (checkmate)
    2018 Reflection 337RL / 2022 GMC Denali 3500HD CC LB Diesel

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David Audette View Post
    Come to find out my converter was blown. I had it replaced last night and it is working fine. I will have to invest in a good surge protector.
    Progressive Industries EMS - SO much more than just a surge protector (under- and over-voltage, ground and polarity issues, etc.). Where was your RV plugged in when these issues occurred?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was plugged in at a campground in Plymouth Ma. Of course the campground said there nothing wrong with the power of just our trailer.