User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furnace was on, cycled off then would not come on until turned therm off and back on

Went to bed with furnace on and working fine. Dropped the temp on the thermostat to get it cooler for sleep. Woke up with room temp around 60° though temp setting was 67°. Moved the temp setting back to around 70° then noticed it was not running after the usual 15 second delay or so. Checked everything logical and propane stove burners working fine. Decided to turn the furnace control thermostat to the OFF position for a few minutes then back to HEAT. Furnace fired up like normal and has been working fine since. Any ideas for why this might have occurred?
    Jim & Deb
    Littleton, CO
    2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Long Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2019 Solitude 380FL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same thing with mine. Hoping for help as well.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Followed the same exact protocol last night but woke up this morning to the furnace working fine and running like normal. Would love to know why it acted differently last night versus the night before!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar experience. What I found was that the high-temp limit switch was shutting down the furnace and to reset it you needed to switch the thermostat mode from heat to off and back to heat. Then the heat would work again. The high-limit switch protects the heat exchanger in the furnace from overheating and failure. The cause of my issue was a partially blocked return air path at the pantry floor and I had shut off the heater supply vent in the bedroom to keep it cooler at night. The effect was that I restricted the air flow across the heat exchanger in the furnace to the point that it overheated and tripped the high-limit "safety" switch. You can also inspect the round flex supply ductwork at the furnace supply plenum and make sure it is not kinked (closed) any where. I hope this helps.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very helpful Trailboss1! I will check these possibilities out. Ultimately, what did you do to prevent this from reoccurring?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure all of your supply vents are open and unobstructed and make sure the return air path to the furnace is unobstructed. These little furnaces s don't have return air filters so be careful to keep pet hair, etc. cleaned up so it does not wind up sucked into the return of the furnace and restrict the air flow - causing it to shut off.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve checked these possibilities and all seem good. Interestingly enough, the issue has not occurred again since the original post. Thanks for circling back.