Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about 380FL bathroom heat vent

I have a 380FL and find only one small round vent in the main bathroom that I presumed was the heat vent. There is nothing coming from that vent. From reading some other posts not specific to the 380FL I'm now wondering if this is a return air vent. But, I've looked everywhere else in the toe kick areas for a separate heat vent and there is no such thing. Can someone with a 380FL confirm for me what this vent is and if it's not heat is there a heat vent in the main bathroom?
    Jim & Deb
    Littleton, CO
    2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Long Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2019 Solitude 380FL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys,
    Yep, that's a heat vent. Sorry this is so late, but I was posting elsewhere with this problem. Our new (October 2019) 380FL-R pushed NO heat in all the rear ducts. Neither bathroom, no master bedroom. Under warranty, the dealer had to get Grand Design's permission to drop the belly of the trailer where they found one duct disconnected from the "master" distribution box (my terminology) and one duct kinked closed. The dealer had to reroute the ductwork. All is supposed to be fixed now, but I have the rig in storage and haven't tested it. No charge to me for the fix, but it did take a month , wrapped around Thanksgiving week. My dealer is good, and I trust them. But I will have a test run in April before we head out west for the summer.
    Regards,
    Emil
    Emil & Elizabeth
    2019 Chevy 3500 HD Duramax DRW
    2020 GD Solitude 380FL-R
    Mutts: Jack & Bella

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you ever figure it out?
    I have a 382wb. Same issue with bathroom and bedroom. Vent. Took it in for warranty, but no issues were found. Gd told them to put a "closable" vent on one register that blows hard. Because there are just too many vents...
    Haven't tested it but the theory works...
    Jeff & Rachel
    2020 Solitude 382 wb
    2020 F-350 SRW
    Pueblo West Colorado

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our dealer in CO said it was partially blocked with some insulation and they repaired it and we started to feel some air in the bathroom vent but never much. I believe what they are telling you is accurate: there’s just too many vents over too much distance. We ended up using a small space heater almost every morning when it was cold. We had plenty of heat in the front living area and kitchen but master bed and bath were never warm enough.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. Everything flows as it should through all heat ducts after the dealer rerouted the disconnected and linked duct tubes. So I know it can be fixed.
    Emil & Elizabeth
    2019 Chevy 3500 HD Duramax DRW
    2020 GD Solitude 380FL-R
    Mutts: Jack & Bella