User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    i just had my dealer install an outside microwave vent on my 2019 337 because of the convection heat. i wonder if he saw any burn marks or installed an aluminum sheet.
    Did you pay or did Grand Design pay the dealer to install the outside vent?

Thanks, KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    It’s funny how we have the cheapest Reflection ever built yet our microwave actually vents to outside. Seems like GD is just too lazy to cut a hole in the wall for every model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It seems they are forgetting to install the vent on a few models including our Solitude 374. I'm trying to get them to pay for the installation at the dealership under warranty.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Did you pay or did Grand Design pay the dealer to install the outside vent?

Thanks, KEN
    My dealer didn't charge me.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It seems they are forgetting to install the vent on a few models including our Solitude 374. I'm trying to get them to pay for the installation at the dealership under warranty.
    They are not forgetting. They believe the max air vent over the kitchen area is sufficient and it's not.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are not forgetting. They believe the max air vent over the kitchen area is sufficient and it's not.
    The max air vent is not working for us either. Did you work with your dealer or GD? Any details would be great. Thanks, KEN
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The max air vent is not working for us either. Did you work with your dealer or GD? Any details would be great. Thanks, KEN
    Just asked my dealer to install it and he did. I havent received a bill yet. They ordered a template from GD before cutting it out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing that Im not convinced of despite Emily mentioning “at times the discoloration can occur due to venting” is that an outside vent will make any difference. Ours vents directly back into the rig through a charcoal filter with NO venting out the back. This all occurrs without obstruction and other than adding heat back into the rig (not ideal in the summer) I am in no way convinced even if it vented to the outside this would make any difference in the charring/burning of the wall. If you look at my original pics the wall paper is melted to the back of the microwave in a location that had absolutely no airvents or any other exhaust discharge. Im not sure that the microwave wouldnt still continue to heat up excessively causing the burn. Imho this micro/convection oven should have been installed with recommendations from the manufacturer to provide an inch or more of airgap/clearance along the back wall rather than flush up against it.
    Ryan and Alison
    2017 Solitude 377MBS-R
    Titan electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    Morryde CRE 3000, xmembers x3, WBs,4k springs
    2017 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali SRW Airlift bags with wireless control
    Pullrite 2900 autoslide hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually i guess i didnt include the pic showing the wallpaper melted to the back. Here it is. No vents in the vicinity of the burn.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0786C2D6-4BCE-4E8B-9FE1-25CCC8B4EBA1.jpeg 
Views:	112 
Size:	509.2 KB 
ID:	23217
    Last edited by Hwktlg8; 10-23-2019 at 11:48 AM.
    Ryan and Alison
    2017 Solitude 377MBS-R
    Titan electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    Morryde CRE 3000, xmembers x3, WBs,4k springs
    2017 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali SRW Airlift bags with wireless control
    Pullrite 2900 autoslide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as an FYI, We remodel kitchens and we take out those space saver OTR microwaves/ovens all the time. The VAST majority are not vented to the outside, they run through the recycle filters and back into the house. I ask the homeowner if its vented during the prelim meeting and most think it actually is and are surprised when it doesn't. Pretty much means it never gets turned on.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwktlg8 View Post
    The thing that Im not convinced of despite Emily mentioning “at times the discoloration can occur due to venting” is that an outside vent will make any difference. Ours vents directly back into the rig through a charcoal filter with NO venting out the back. This all occurrs without obstruction and other than adding heat back into the rig (not ideal in the summer) I am in no way convinced even if it vented to the outside this would make any difference in the charring/burning of the wall. If you look at my original pics the wall paper is melted to the back of the microwave in a location that had absolutely no airvents or any other exhaust discharge. Im not sure that the microwave wouldnt still continue to heat up excessively causing the burn. Imho this micro/convection oven should have been installed with recommendations from the manufacturer to provide an inch or more of airgap/clearance along the back wall rather than flush up against it.
    I agree Ryan. Flush to the back of a microwave or an oven doesn't sound good. Our Solitude is at the Oregon Coast. We go back again this weekend. I will be reading the install paperwork this weekend.
    Thanks, KEN
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast