User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Foil will not stop heat transfer. There has to be air space behind the Convection oven.
    You could also use something like this.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwktlg8 View Post
    This has been noted before but I finally got around to pulling the microwave based on other owners posts. 2017 377 March build with High pointe micro. We are weekenders and get out approx 6 weekends and 2 week long trips a yr. use the microwave regularly but convection function infrequently. I have meant to pull out the mico and check for thr reported charring that can occur on the wall. Got around to pulling our micro and was not at all shocked to see the same. Definitely a safety issue. Based upon response from Emily Stahley on FB it doesnt sound like GD has any concerns because there has not yet been a “combustion event”. This absolutely is a fire risk and should be a recall. Until one of us burns down our unit I doubt there will be.

My fix was to go to local Menards and purchase 6”x18” aluminum sheet. I cut in half- double stacked and screwed in the wall to act as a heat shield. Still not sure about using the convection function and def would not use if I was not present at the rig to keep an eye on it.
    Attachment 23155Attachment 23156
    Has anyone tried to take the Furrion Microwave/convection oven out of a 2020 Reflection 337RLS. I have one that is a couple of months old and yesterday we realized that when my wife uses the convection oven she gets sick. She is very sensitive to air pollution. The 2020 337 has a piece of plywood behind the convection oven and not wall paper. I thought I would pull the unit and look behind it but can’t figure out to access the top mounting screws. There is no space above it. Looks like they either put it in then put the cabinets in or put the screws in from the top of the slide the put the roof on the slide. Surely they did not build it so you have to take the cabinets out to remove the microwave/convection oven. I have contacted GD but wanted to find out if any one has tried removing the microwave/convection unit in a 2020 337.
    Last edited by J&J___; 10-31-2019 at 02:56 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have our new 2018 Solitude at the dealership for the DVD player and the hydraulic pump breaker to be replaced. I asked them to pull the convection oven out for an inspection of heat damage. They said there was none. (it's only been used twice for 10 minutes each time or so) I asked them to work with Grand Design and install the outside vent. Grand Design said no to them. I called today and asked for authorization of warranty work to install a vent hood for the convection oven They DECLINED my request.

I'm having the dealership do it. Hopefully they won't screw it up. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have our new 2018 Solitude at the dealership for the DVD player and the hydraulic pump breaker to be replaced. I asked them to pull the convection oven out for an inspection of heat damage. They said there was none. (it's only been used twice for 10 minutes each time or so) I asked them to work with Grand Design and install the outside vent. Grand Design said no to them. I called today and asked for authorization of warranty work to install a vent hood for the convection oven They DECLINED my request.

At first my dealer was going to have an automotive body shop to do the work but they were too busy so they did it with a router. It turned out good. This is something GD needs to do at the factory. Your convection oven should operate better and heat up faster. Mine did. Good luck.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    At first my dealer was going to have an automotive body shop to do the work but they were too busy so they did it with a router. It turned out good. This is something GD needs to do at the factory. Your convection oven should operate better and heat up faster. Mine did. Good luck.
    Well. RV Country ( or Paul Evert's ) in Coburg, Oregon failed to get the vent in behind the convection oven. They said GD would not recommend putting in the vent at first. Then RV Country said that GD could not supply them with the where to mount it info. I brought the Solitude home and asked them to "try" and get your ducks in a row and figure out how to do the job. Then send me an estimate. I'll get 2 more estimates from some other rv repair shops here in Eugene, Oregon.
    So for now; we will not be using the convection oven. KEN
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well. RV Country ( or Paul Evert's ) in Coburg, Oregon failed to get the vent in behind the convection oven. They said GD would not recommend putting in the vent at first. Then RV Country said that GD could not supply them with the where to mount it info. I brought the Solitude home and asked them to "try" and get your ducks in a row and figure out how to do the job. Then send me an estimate. I'll get 2 more estimates from some other rv repair shops here in Eugene, Oregon.
    So for now; we will not be using the convection oven. KEN
    My dealer called GD and they supplied he with a template. This is on a 337. You might want to call GD yourself.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we bought our 2018 303 from Paul Evert's in Coburg and the packet of owner's manuals included the microwave mounting templates. Another source would be Furrion itself. We full time and use the convection oven weekly. After 2 years, the temp would only get up to 300f instead of 450f so we had to replace it. I did it myself and it was a simple process since we were replacing with the same model. We don't have the outside vent although at some point I'd like to install one. There was no visible heat damage behind the unit. You do get odors the first time you use it just like any heating appliance, but it goes away.
    Bill & Lisa
    2013 Ford F350 Platinum diesel
    2018 Reflection 303rls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&J___ View Post
    Has anyone tried to take the Furrion Microwave/convection oven out of a 2020 Reflection 337RLS. I have one that is a couple of months old and yesterday we realized that when my wife uses the convection oven she gets sick. She is very sensitive to air pollution. The 2020 337 has a piece of plywood behind the convection oven and not wall paper. I thought I would pull the unit and look behind it but can’t figure out to access the top mounting screws. There is no space above it. Looks like they either put it in then put the cabinets in or put the screws in from the top of the slide the put the roof on the slide. Surely they did not build it so you have to take the cabinets out to remove the microwave/convection oven. I have contacted GD but wanted to find out if any one has tried removing the microwave/convection unit in a 2020 337.
    I am wondering the same, but can't find a response.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a recall now.We are still waiting for an appointment.

I am going to try again to get the dealer to put the vent in while the convection / microwave is out on GD's dime. KEN
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a recall now.We are still waiting for an appointment.

I am going to try again to get the dealer to put the vent in while the convection / microwave is out on GD's dime. KEN
    Recall on?? trailer or oven?? Thanks, Frank.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast