User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water flow slowdown, P1 Nautilus, just a dribble in the kitchen.

This is a bit perplexing. The water flow in the kitchen has been decreasing over the last couple of weeks, now it' just a dribble. Bathroom flow is slower than normal, but better than the kitchen. I am suspecting that our time in Utah with really alkiline water has created deposits in our water lines. I have cleaned several chunks out of the screens and have soaked the shower head in vinegar to get the deposits reduced, not normal.

So I have begun basic troubleshooting, water pressure at the tap, 55 psi, removed the water regulator, no difference. Pulled the water filter, cleaned it out real well, replaced the canister sans filter, no difference. Pulled the head off the kitchen sink, it's pretty new, after the summer in utah, no sign of blockage, water flow coming out the hose is the same as is coming out the kitchen faucet head, trickle. Checked hoses under the sink for kinks, none, ditto behind the P1 panel.

No change using internal water and pump.

Grrrr! Next step is to empty the front bay and pull the panels. I plan on taking P1 connections loose and checking for obvious blockage. I lack the tools to do much more. I am going to see if I can figure out how to back flush the lines.

I have been avoiding learning about pex and crimping, I need to learn what size the connectors are for the P1 system. I am thinking I will have to make some adapters so I hook a garden hose up to sections to attempt a back flush. It will be a lovely couple of days playing around with water.

Monday I will call Nautilus and see if I can get a spare valve, something I probably should have done a long time ago.

Any other ideas are more than welcome, I love brainstorming and thinking outside the box. There may be something very simple I am missing, I would really love that.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a note on the PEX pipe, in my 230RL it is all 1/2" And instead of crimping and getting the tool etc, SharkBite connectors work amazingly well.

John
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also had the same problem with the kitchen faucet. The problem is in the metal supply line to the faucet. There is a flow reducer that is clogged. You need to remove the whole faucet to work on it. I removed the reducer all together and all has been good again. If I remember right, there are 3 metal lines. 1 for hot in, 1 for cold in, and 1 that comes back out that the pullout hose attaches to. The reducer is in the line that the pullout hose attaches to.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 315RLTSinPA View Post
    I also had the same problem with the kitchen faucet. The problem is in the metal supply line to the faucet. There is a flow reducer that is clogged. You need to remove the whole faucet to work on it. I removed the reducer all together and all has been good again. If I remember right, there are 3 metal lines. 1 for hot in, 1 for cold in, and 1 that comes back out that the pullout hose attaches to. The reducer is in the line that the pullout hose attaches to.
    Thanks for the tip, I kind of concluded the same thing but took a little different tact for the partial solution. I bought a 3/4 inch female to 1/2 male adapter. Unscrewed the faucet head (1/2) and put the garden hose to faucet head hose adapter in, reverse flow. Then I unscrewed the cold water line, applied garden hose carefully to the faucet head and shot some water into a large pan, walla! calcium chunks. Hooked everything back up, water flow was great, for about 15 minutes, then back to a trickle.

I obviously I have a larger problem than just a little blockage, like a large amount of calcium build up in my system.

Now comes the hard part, is calcium deposits from my water heater or build up in the lines or just little chunkies from our summer in hard water....

We are in running mode, -250-300 miles a day, Nashville to Houston TX then bop on over to Austin for a 2 month stay. I will tackle it again when we get settled in Austin.
    Dallas

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 315RLTSinPA View Post
    Thanks for the information. I will be looking to see if removing the flow reducer will improve the flow at the faucet.
    2019 GMC 3500 HD:)
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS:cool:

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the final answer. There were calcium chunks in the smaller hoses in the kitchen sink. Took me about 4 iterations to get them out. What I did was buy a 1/2 to 3/4 inch adapter to screw into the faucet head, then attached a garden hose. Then I took loose the hose connections to the faucet and put the ends into a pan. I gently applied water from the hose, low and behold I got little chunks of calcium in the pan. Tested it. Still slow. Repeated the process, more chunks. 4 times before it was clear.

Now the fun part. If I applied full water pressure I would hear a clunk and there would be no back flow. I am thinking the faucet (not the one from GD) has a back flow suppressor in it. Too much back pressure and nothing comes out.

Anyway I got to play in the water for a few hours and spill water all over DW's kitchen floor and she didn't even get mad at me. Ok, maybe a little bit, not not sleep on the couch mad.

My worry is that these deposits came from the bottom of the water heater. Those of us that change our own anode's know there is stuff down there. I would love to just fill the entire system with vinegar for about a week and let it soak. But DW has already told me she won't take a vinegar smelling shower. I need plan B.

I am really glad that I can now fill the coffee pot in under 5 minutes.
    Dallas

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    I got the final answer. There were calcium chunks in the smaller hoses in the kitchen sink. Took me about 4 iterations to get them out. What I did was buy a 1/2 to 3/4 inch adapter to screw into the faucet head, then attached a garden hose. Then I took loose the hose connections to the faucet and put the ends into a pan. I gently applied water from the hose, low and behold I got little chunks of calcium in the pan. Tested it. Still slow. Repeated the process, more chunks. 4 times before it was clear.

Now the fun part. If I applied full water pressure I would hear a clunk and there would be no back flow. I am thinking the faucet (not the one from GD) has a back flow suppressor in it. Too much back pressure and nothing comes out.

Anyway I got to play in the water for a few hours and spill water all over DW's kitchen floor and she didn't even get mad at me. Ok, maybe a little bit, not not sleep on the couch mad.

My worry is that these deposits came from the bottom of the water heater. Those of us that change our own anode's know there is stuff down there. I would love to just fill the entire system with vinegar for about a week and let it soak. But DW has already told me she won't take a vinegar smelling shower. I need plan B.

I am really glad that I can now fill the coffee pot in under 5 minutes.
    Glad you got your problem solved. I agree some deposits probably stay in the bottom of the water heater, but the hot water outlet from the water heater is at the top of the water heater, so I doubt those deposits made their way into the hot water system. Also, I would think they would end up in other parts of the hot water system, not just the kitchen sink. I dont think you need to worry about vinegar showers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    Thanks for the tip, I kind of concluded the same thing but took a little different tact for the partial solution. I bought a 3/4 inch female to 1/2 male adapter. Unscrewed the faucet head (1/2) and put the garden hose to faucet head hose adapter in, reverse flow. Then I unscrewed the cold water line, applied garden hose carefully to the faucet head and shot some water into a large pan, walla! calcium chunks. Hooked everything back up, water flow was great, for about 15 minutes, then back to a trickle.

I obviously I have a larger problem than just a little blockage, like a large amount of calcium build up in my system.

Now comes the hard part, is calcium deposits from my water heater or build up in the lines or just little chunkies from our summer in hard water....

We are in running mode, -250-300 miles a day, Nashville to Houston TX then bop on over to Austin for a 2 month stay. I will tackle it again when we get settled in Austin.
    So did you ever find a solution. Ever since TX had a freeze the city water pressure has been slowing. Today just a trickle. Took out the reducer=worse!!! Awesome in dry camp mode. A couple of calcium deposits on reducer.
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin' Dreamers View Post
    So did you ever find a solution.
    Not the final answer. After back flushing out about 6 bb sized chunks the flow worked well. Now, 20 days later cold water in the kitchen sink has slowed again. When I get a round tuit I will back blush again, got it down to a science, just have to do without water for about an hour.

I have learned that the first thing I do when water flow gets to be an issue is to put a pressure gauge on the camp sites spigot. Then look for kinks or something on the hose. Then the water filter. Kind of outside to inside.
    Dallas

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought here... do you have faucets that can be taken apart? I found debris once stuck in the pathway when taking apart my bathroom faucet. If I can find a picture I’ll upload it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tom and Stacey
    TV - 2008 F350 Lariat DRW, 6.4 (done up) 8"bed, B&W3000 OEM Companion, Firestone Airbags w/ Wireless One compressor
    RV - 2018 GD Momentum 351M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast