User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to give a perspective from something less than a Super Duty size truck. We have a 2019 2670MK, tow with a 2015 Toyota Tundra Limited 4x4 TRD pkg and to date have had no problems. We have not been to the more mountainous areas with long up hills yet, but I don't anticipate issues. Gas mileage with a Tundra is bad without towing 13-17 mpg. Towing - 7-9 mpg.
    We bought the unit used, the previous owner had converted to disk brakes and I love them. Nice and smooth.
    We have a nothing special Eaz Lift hitch with sway bar and to date no sway issues. I do feel when semi's and strong cross wind, but have not had any control issues.
    We have our unit since Nov 2019; gone on four trips, no water system issues to date.
    I took it through a Cat Scale last week on our way south with the following results.
    Steer axle - 3240 lbs
    Drive axle - 4060
    Trailer axle - 7220
    Total axle - 14,520

Hope this helps.
    2019 Imagine 2670MK, Titan disc brakes, Morryde CRE3000
    2015 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Limited TRD; RAS
    Bikes: Jamus Dragonslayer 26+ Sport, Electra Townie Go 8i
    Kayaks: Jackson Allwater, Liquid Logic

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2018 Imagine 2670MK, and I tow with a 2015 F150 Lariat supercrew. Also no problems. I have the 3.5 ecoboost, and never have a lack of power. I am at my limits as far as hitch weight and payload. I use a Hensley arrow hitch, absolutely zero sway. My door sticker rates my truck at 1700 lbs payload. My tongue weight (using a Shurline TW scale) is about 1100 lbs. My drive axle weight (at the CAT scale) is about 50 lbs under max. I also added Firestone air bags, Bilstein shocks, and LT tires.

My friend just bought a 2020 Tundra crewcab limited. The door sticker says he has 1,220 lbs payload. He pulls a 17' Kodiak hybrid. He is in his weight specs. I would think that towing your Imagine with your Tundra would put you way over your payload capacity? The Tundra is a great truck. My previous TV was a Toyota Sequoia, also made a great tow vehicle, but back then I wasn't too educated about all these numbers, and never went near a CAT scale. I am sure I must have been over by quite a bit especially after strapping 2 kayaks on the roof! But I always kept my speed down, and gave myself plenty of room on the highway, not because I was concerned, but because that's how I always drive, towing or not.

I am thinking of changing out my two Group 24 batteries for a single BattleBorn 100 AH lithium to save me about 75 lbs tongue weight, and I will be changing the shackles out to Moryde or Dexter with the wet bolt kit as soon as the weather warms up.

To the OP...I think you will be fine with the F150.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops! Just re-read the thread. The OP doesn't have a F150, he has a F250 w/diesel. I was thinking of a different tread.

To the OP, we love the 2670MK. If I had your truck, I would give consideration to the 2970RL. But we love our F150, and we maxxed it out with the 2670MK, at least for our comfort zone. I know people are towing the 2970RL with Tundras and F150s, but to each his own! I also just saw a new model for 2020, I think it is the Imagine 3100RD...sweet! But that (for me) would mean a new truck too. Time to plant those money trees in the back yard......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Payload on mine states 1415 lbs and GVWR 7100. With the Cat scale numbers, the truck numbers add up to 7300 attached to trailer. Next time at scale, if not busy, I'm going to unhook the trailer and weigh them separately. So far, I have never felt out of control and I have also had a couple of hard stops with safe out comes.
    I do feel that I am at the max truck capacity with this unit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bnor51 View Post
    Just to give a perspective from something less than a Super Duty size truck. We have a 2019 2670MK, tow with a 2015 Toyota Tundra Limited 4x4 TRD pkg and to date have had no problems. We have not been to the more mountainous areas with long up hills yet, but I don't anticipate issues. Gas mileage with a Tundra is bad without towing 13-17 mpg. Towing - 7-9 mpg.
    We bought the unit used, the previous owner had converted to disk brakes and I love them. Nice and smooth.
    We have a nothing special Eaz Lift hitch with sway bar and to date no sway issues. I do feel when semi's and strong cross wind, but have not had any control issues.
    We have our unit since Nov 2019; gone on four trips, no water system issues to date.
    I took it through a Cat Scale last week on our way south with the following results.
    Steer axle - 3240 lbs
    Drive axle - 4060
    Trailer axle - 7220
    Total axle - 14,520

Hope this helps.
    As we discussed in another thread, I am towing a 2020 2670mk with a 2017 Limited DC 4WD Tundra with TRD and trailer towing packages. My CAT scale weights with Equalizer 1,000/10,000 WDH in place, TT lightly loaded (all tanks empty), full tank of fuel (capacity 38 gals) and my wife and I in the truck....

Truck Front Axle - 3440 lbs
    Truck Rear Axle - 3560 lbs
    Trailer Axle - 6720 lbs
    Total (GCWR) - 13720 lbs

Truck Only with full tank, WDH and wife & I
    Front Axle - 3520 lbs
    Rear Axle - 2800 lbs

I measured the hitch weight of trailer alone using the bathroom scale method and got ~900 lbs with tanks empty and ~1100 lbs with the fresh water tank full. I also have been very happy with towing perormance but am in the process of making some changes to my set up and intend to weigh again prior to next trip in mid-February. Will provide update.

FYI....good site for discussions from folks pulling GD's with Tundra's....
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/415044358905162/
    Last edited by Buckaroo; 01-26-2020 at 05:18 PM.
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Details on load when weighed:
    TT loaded for trip with clothes, food, two bikes, storage loaded, no fresh water in tank, etc
    TV two adults, gas low, fire wood and few items in bed
    Next trip am going to try to weigh truck and trailer separate.
    Thanks for the link. Joined.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First post guys...
    Just picked up my new 2020 2670MK last week and took it out this past weekend! Figured I would chime in...

First off I have nothing but great things to say about the trailer!

I did read so much about sway on this rig I almost didn't take the trailer, however after a couple hundred miles of driving I can say that I don't know if it is my truck, the R6 hitch or the trailer but I had basically zero sway! I did have some porpoising over dips/transitions on highway and am trying to get insight into what is the best route to start with. Sway was fine even when I was at 70 for a bit just to see how it felt. Some suck from Semi passing but nothing crazy. I had a much worse towing experience pulling a rented Salem 26dble! BTW I am in FL so flat land but I was getting right about 9 mpg at 65 and right at 10 mpg at 60. I was loaded lightly with basics for connecting to sight in front storage, empty tanks, just propane, one (group 27 I believe) battery and personal items and food for the weekend for 2 adults and a little one. Hope I can get some insight.

Just incase it helps the sheet that came with the trailer said roughly 7150 uvw and 760lbs hitch if my memory serves right!

Thanks.
    Last edited by Camper Doug; 01-27-2020 at 09:50 AM.
    South Florida Native...
    2020 Imagine 2670MK w/Recurve R6 1000lb hitch
    2021 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 SWB Duramax
    Previous TV: 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 6.2l 4x4

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camper Doug View Post
    I did have some porpoising over dips/transitions on highway and am trying to get insight into what is the best route to start with.
    I am towing with a Tundra - details above in this thread. Recently installed Roadmaster Active Suspension and am in the process of evaluating the change. At least on the Tundra, it seems to have significantly improved porpoising (was not horrible but was noticeable). Will update with more comprehensive review in the next month or so.

https://activesuspension.com/
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will be picking up our new 2020 2670MK on 2-15-20. We're trading in our 2018 2088BH since our immediate family members don't seem to have the same passion for glamping as we do. We love the floor plan. I purchased a ProPride hitch last year because of the sway I experienced towing the 2800BH with an entry level WDH. Night and day difference. Yes it is expensive, but what price can you pay for safety? Hitching and unhitching takes a bit of practice, but once you learn how to do it, it's quicker than the conventional hitching process. The only thing I don't care for is the "Hensley bump". As many of you know, the ProPride is an updated version of the Hensley hitch. From what I understand neither hitch has eliminated the "bump" when braking. I've tried various setting on my brake controller to eliminate it, but all I can do is reduce it. It's not an issue for me, just different. I'll tolerate the bump for nearly zero sway. It's not too difficult to install... about 4 hours start to finish.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were between the 2800BH and the 2670MK but the 2 slides and spacious feel with the island got us. We thought about being able to take more people in the family camping but realized it will be My wife and I and the baby 99% of the time and it is so much nicer of a layout for that!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast