User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We brought our new 2670MK home on the 13th, I was a little surprised at the amount of porpoising we had on the way. I guess we will see how it works out once it’s loaded up and ready to travel.
    Jay VT

2019 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Cummins
    2020 Imagine 2670MK

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What hitch are you using jay?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an Equalizer 12k, but not convinced the dealership has it dialed in correctly. We are going to spend a couple of days on a paved campsite for the initial outing and I will make sure is is setup correctly.
    Jay VT

2020 Imagine 2670MK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished a 1500+ mile journey around Ca. Hit some pretty high winds a few times in the Central Valley and around Santa Barbara. We experienced a little bit of sway but nothing real serious. We have a 2020 Imagine 2670mk. TV is a 2015 Ram 2500 with a 5.7 hemi. We keep the fresh water tank 1/3 full and have a tongue weight of app. 950lbs. Our hitch is an Equalizer 10000/1000. We averaged 11.5 mpg ( hand calculated) with cruise control set to 62 mph.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHoppe View Post
    After going back and forth between a fifth wheel and a TT, we decided on the TT. As we get older, the lack of steps inside is a real plus. It’s not the climbing of them, but rather the falling in the middle of the night that bothers me. 👨**🦳

We are going back and forth between the Reflection 297RSTS and the Imagine 2670 MK. My questions are for those that have one of these.

Do you pull it with a ProPride or Hensley hitch? If so, what is your experience with the hitch.

Have you measured the tongue weight?

The 2670 MK has a scaled down nautilus water management system. Is it an issue because of it?

Lastly, what are you towing it with and how does it affect your mileage?

Sorry for all the questions, but we hope to buy our first and last travel trailer.

Btw, we love the desk in the Imagine. That is a big plus in our decision making process.

Thanks in advance,

Pat
    I see from your sig that you are using a diesel. As far as fuel millage you wont even know the trailer is back there. Fuel millage will not be a problem. I tow with a 5er that weighs twice what you are getting and I get 11.5.
    I would however get air bags installed and get the onboard compressor also. The air bags help cushion the ride when unloaded. Helps with the kidneys LOL The onboard compressor is very covenant to have. You can air up or down from inside the cab. Even in the rain.
    Make sure the hitch on the truck is correct for the weight of the trailer. Not sure what class hitch they put on these trucks. It may be in the manual. I don't use mine so I didn't read that part of the book.
    Good luck in your travels

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jay our dealer set up our 10k equalizer with all eight washers. I had a lot of porpoising on the ride home. I pulled out the manual and did the set up chart. With the eight washers the front of the truck was actually lower when hitched up indicating to much weight distribution. I pulled one washer out and it raised the nose about 1/4”. It rides much better now.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The said they put all the washers in, so I’m sure that’s what happened on ours also. Our initial run park is only 7 miles away, I will us the time to get it done right.
    Jay VT

2020 Imagine 2670MK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Late reading this post but I have experience in the pro pride and equalizer hitches. 1st tow vehicle was a Yukon XL with air suspension and was the vehicle used for the first year (2019) using the Equalizer set up. Originally I couldn’t keep my Imagine 2400 BH straight on the road and felt white knuckled driving. Tried many set ups and even harder tires and no difference. 3 months into this new trailer I purchased the PP system and got it dialed in with help from Sean at PP. I ended up pulling the fuse on the air suspension and made a huge difference. We did 3000 mile trip around Lake Superior then realized the Yukon wasn’t the right TV for our retirement travel plans. Also what weighed in on this decision was if you are uneven or at a hard angle with the PP it is a real bear to hook up. It took us over 2 hours to hook up the PP in this situation. This was the last time we used the PP. We were the talk of the campground that day I’m sure. Over the winter I purchased a duramax GMC 2500 and went back to the equalizer set up. Using it as I text and very glad I learn and switch.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123