User Tag List

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Refrigerator not cooling

I have a brand new Norcold refrigerator in my old Alumascape 5th wheel and during a hunting trip last week it wasn't cooling very well and the temps were cool outside. When I got home and parked it next to the Solitude, the refrigerator quit cooling all together. For starters, I have been around rv refrigerators for over 40 years and long ago learned how important it is to make sure they are level. Well, I am here to tell you that sometimes you have to re-learn things. After checking everything else, I checked my little level that I keep inside of the fridge and it was off more than I thought. I typically level the trailer with some bubble levels that I have on the front corner. Well, they don't match the new fridge! I leveled the trailer to get the bubble centered in the level inside of the fridge and now it is cooling again. I see many threads here about people complaining about there fridges not getting cold enough, and I don't think people are paying enough attention to the actual level of the fridge. The best place to check this is probably the bottom shelf of the freezer, get it as close as possible. Norcold says you can be off 3 degrees front to back and 6 degreess side to side, but I am here to tell you that sometimes you can't. The double door fridge on the Solitude doesn't seem to be as picky, but I haven't compared the inside of the fridge to the auto level yet. If you are having trouble getting your fridge cold enough, level it up as well as possible! Please post in this thread if it made an improvement too!
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the auto level system from Lippert, then just go into "Info" screen and it will tell you the side to side and front to rear degrees of variance from the set zero point. If adjustment is required then go into the appropiate mode on the same LCD screen and adjust accordingly
    Bob and Shirley (both recently retired)
    Ontario Canada
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2018 Ford Diesel King Ranch F350 Short Bed
    Pull Rite Super Glide

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOWITTRO View Post
    If you have the auto level system from Lippert, then just go into "Info" screen and it will tell you the side to side and front to rear degrees of variance from the set zero point. If adjustment is required then go into the appropiate mode on the same LCD screen and adjust accordingly
    I posted this up for my hunting trailer with a brand new Norcold Fridge, turns out the fridge needs to be very level to work correct.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not cooling

We have 2019solitude 310gk with double door Norcold RV refrigerator. Temperature will not go below 50F. RV is level but kitchen side slide is not level side to side. Can slide be adjusted so outside edge is raised up to make slide level when out? Can left side struts be raised to make slide level? Of course this will make rest of RV not level.