User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    And hopefully the dealership will be able to fix things on your list while you are there. More than a few stories where you become just another number in line at the service department after the ink dries on the sales contract.
    So far I haven't read or heard of serious problems making a Solitude uninhabitable right off the bat and other than a major issue we will be able to adapt and overcome. I'm hoping that the generator install is completed so that we can hopefully run the poop out of it before we start taking adventures to hither and yon. We already have a trip scheduled for November and the next one on the agenda is to get an appointment at Morryde, and maybe GD if I have issues to resolve.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    And hopefully the dealership will be able to fix things on your list while you are there. More than a few stories where you become just another number in line at the service department after the ink dries on the sales contract.
    Too true, but I have found that calling the service department ahead of time and making an appointment works pretty well.

I scheduled an appointment with the service manager for 11 months and 15 days after the purchase date. The service manager asked what needed to be fixed, I told him I didn't know yet, but it's an RV and surely something will need to be fixed. I am thankful that the service manager was a really good guy, he looked at me a little odd, then grabbed his appointment book and penciled my name in. He told me I could cancel at any time. Over the next year I sent him emails of things that needed attention, by the time I arrived for my appointment he already had the needed parts on hand, an explicit list of repairs, already coordinated with GD for warranty authorization. A little planning can go a long way on reducing stress.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    Too true, but I have found that calling the service department ahead of time and making an appointment works pretty well.

I scheduled an appointment with the service manager for 11 months and 15 days after the purchase date. The service manager asked what needed to be fixed, I told him I didn't know yet, but it's an RV and surely something will need to be fixed. I am thankful that the service manager was a really good guy, he looked at me a little odd, then grabbed his appointment book and penciled my name in. He told me I could cancel at any time. Over the next year I sent him emails of things that needed attention, by the time I arrived for my appointment he already had the needed parts on hand, an explicit list of repairs, already coordinated with GD for warranty authorization. A little planning can go a long way on reducing stress.

That's kinda what we did, but we set the appointment with the Thor Factory service center. Two months in, I established a dialog with the manager and added stuff as we went along. I imagine that will be the same if I find something that I just absolutely want GD to fix in Elkhart.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that's what I call planning ahead and a very good idea!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn’t be too concerned about CW’s feelings...

Quote Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
    .....To buy a Solitude from a dealer who doesn't have camping space, then go to a Camping World owned campground to do the overnite shakedown?
    Navigating the industry to get to the enjoyment of RVing is hard enough. If there is a convenient place to do your shake down, do it. If you’re paying for the space, you’re not obligated to do anything. If they offer the space free for a night, thank you Camping World. If they don’t want your situation from happening, that’s an easy policy switch on their end.

Common sense, it seems, would be for a company to build great street cred by helping owners out. That speaks a ton about a company‘s interest in the lifestyle and RV industry rather than only their bottom line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything thing you can do to take money away from CW I support. I was a very good customer of CW, until Trump was elected. When the CEO of CW said he didn't want conservatives shopping in his stores, that was the end of it. If I'm not wanted somewhere, I can do whole lot of leaving alone. I liked CW, spent a lot there. But their CEO ruined that relationship. I've always tried to shop the independent shops anyway, but few have the wide selection, or the astronomical prices, of CW. On the road if you needed something CW usually had it. I miss the convenience of CW world, but sometimes principles are inconvenient.
    2020 Solitude 375 RES
    Tow Vehicle 2017 F-450 Lariat 4X4 Crew Cab Long Bed FX4 6.7 Diesel Titanium White Tri Coat
    To truly know what a man is, give him authority
    Best way to get back on your feet is to get off your ******
    God, Guns, Guts, made America free, lets keep all three

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtruck2 View Post
    When the CEO of CW said he didn't want conservatives shopping in his stores, that was the end of it.
    Remember the old game where you whisper something in someones ear and then they in turn whisper it in someone else's ear and after 10 people the originator gets to compare what was said with what is being passed along? Such is the state of our media reporting system. Because these types of situations annoy me I did a little digging on the statement. It appears, according to snopes, that the CEO was misquoted, the referred to Trump comment went more like there are good people on both sides of the white supremacist controversy. The CEO's comment said something like he doesn't want bigoted white supremacists shopping in his stores.

Stormtruck, my purpose here is not to call you out or to dissuade you from your opinion. I just have a different take on what was said. I will continue to do business with CW even though they are not my favorite.

Now you see the problem, what is the truth? I have been looking at media statements that make me angry, then doing a little more research to see what actually occurred. I have been finding a trend that says our media is more interested in getting people riled up than reporting things accurately in context.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D2, your point about the old telephone game is well taken, and applies to what Trump said also. I agree that the MSM is more about creating division and turmoil than reporting the news, I stand by my take on the CEOs statement. I watched a supposedly unaltured video of him making the statement, in context. Now I will be the first to admit that I am rather conservative, (Rush, Hannity, and Buchannon are liberals LOL) I truly believe that liberty is of the upmost importance. Tha liberty extends to others doing with their life what I may or maynot agree with. I welcome those with counter opinions to mine to honest debate, and respect all who live their truly held beliefs. I don't feel called out by you, simply you stating your take on what you believe he said. I support you shopping at CW, for that is your choice. My choice is not to. Yes, the search for truth began thousands of years ago. Philoshers like John Locke, Epicurus, Zeno of Citium, Avicenna, Thomas Aquinas, Confucius, Rene Descartes, Paul of Tarsus, and others have all sought to help us find truth. MSM seeks to bury it in rubbish. Phones seperate us and make us more eaily isolatied and misled. If people spent more time on front porches face to face, heads up, and interacting with real people, we would be a stronger society, better informed, and harder to mislead. I believe nothing I read and only half of what I see. I'm sure if we were to be in the same CG, we'd enjoy a beverage, cigar, and great conversation.

PS: I see your a Harley rider. I'm a Moto Guzzi guy. All offers are off!! LOL Ride safe friend.
    2020 Solitude 375 RES
    Tow Vehicle 2017 F-450 Lariat 4X4 Crew Cab Long Bed FX4 6.7 Diesel Titanium White Tri Coat
    To truly know what a man is, give him authority
    Best way to get back on your feet is to get off your ******
    God, Guns, Guts, made America free, lets keep all three

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Would it be rude of me....

I sense a few posts about to be deleted...

lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 10-27-2019 at 09:13 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Folks, just a reminder that The Forum is not intended for general political debate and associated commentary. Here's a link to the site rules: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ommunity-Rules

Please stick to the topic at hand (Which is about an overnight, new purchase shakedown) and avoid taking potshots at the other side of the aisle.
    You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast