User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it be rude of me....

.....To buy a Solitude from a dealer who doesn't have camping space, then go to a Camping World owned campground to do the overnite shakedown?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I didn't know that Camping World owned any full on campgrounds. Are you thinking "Good Sam" (which is part of the same company as CW)? GS is sort of like AAA - they "recommend" campgrounds, which offer discounts if you are a GS member. But the campground is owned and operated by someone else completely independent. So if that is the case, no, it would not be rude....

If there is a Camping World near you that has a few spots for overnighting, I would think you are kind of obligated to buy stuff in their store....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CW bought a dealership that had a large "sparse" (no amenities other than FHU) campground. They keep it because for about 2 months a year they get to gouge the public for the spaces. We may buy some stuff depending on their prices.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See if your dealer has other campgrounds he can book you into for the shakedown nights. Often dealers will provide you with spaces for free or the campground will "comp" spaces for free to get you coming to their facilities.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not rude at all, you are paying for the campsite just like everyone else. The other thing is some of the components on your new trailer the warranty is actually covered by the manufacturer not GD directly, so if one of those had a problem you may be able to get it fixed at CW.

CW does carry a lot of cool RVing stuff, like 30-50 amp adapters, Valtec swivel valves for the end of the sewer connection, nice chairs, portable gas grill, electric surge protectors, the list goes on...
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    Not rude at all, you are paying for the campsite just like everyone else. The other thing is some of the components on your new trailer the warranty is actually covered by the manufacturer not GD directly, so if one of those had a problem you may be able to get it fixed at CW.

CW does carry a lot of cool RVing stuff, like 30-50 amp adapters, Valtec swivel valves for the end of the sewer connection, nice chairs, portable gas grill, electric surge protectors, the list goes on...
    If it is something under warranty . CW is not authorized to work on GD units and GD will not pay.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 10-22-2019 at 08:10 AM. Reason: posting while in transit causes many typos lol
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Cg is not authorized to work on gdunits and gd will not pay.
    Whittleburner is 100% correct. Grand Design and Camping World do not play well in the same sand box. So Grand Design will not authorize Camping World to do warranty work, I have not experienced this myself, but I have heard others talk of it.

So why did I say it may be ok to have Camping World do some warranty work? It comes down to 3 different repairs that I have had, 2 Suburban products, 1 LCI product. In all three cases I contacted Grand Design, their response was that the components were covered by the manufacturers warranty and they were very nice to provide the customer service numbers for Suburban and LCI. Suburban and LCI in turn authorized the "warranty" repair of mobile technicians and paid them. Grand Design did not pay them.

Grand Design has done a number of wonderful things for me, they replaced a slide motor well out of warranty while I was at a rally. They bent over backwards to get me paint codes for my full body paint when I had a chip. Customer support has always been proffesional and helpful when I have called them. Grand Design coordinated all of the warranty work I had done in our 11th month of ownership and paid for the majority of it, I am not bashing GD here.

I am not specifically promoting Camping World, I have found them useful from time to time, but I am not loyal to them.

What I am saying is that should you go to a Camping World campground and find something amiss it MAY be possible to have Camping World do the repair in coordination with the manufacturer of the individual component. It may be more expedient to haul the unit back to the dealer. It may be more expedient to contact GD and have them authorize a mobile repair. I am merely posing one option, depending on the situation.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will be about 3-4 miles from where we are planning to buy at to the CG. That way, if we do have an issue, we can zip back down to the dealership for a correction. Naturally we have a list of stuff we will need and may go to CW and get some.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go for it and give the trailer a real good shakedown. Use as much as you can inside.

CW has another CG in FL too.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
    This will be about 3-4 miles from where we are planning to buy at to the CG. That way, if we do have an issue, we can zip back down to the dealership for a correction. Naturally we have a list of stuff we will need and may go to CW and get some.

And hopefully the dealership will be able to fix things on your list while you are there. More than a few stories where you become just another number in line at the service department after the ink dries on the sales contract.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast