User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good information.
    We had our routine put to the ultimate test on our last trip.
    We thought we had 5 nights, the Park ranger informed us 15 minutes before ck out time we only had 4 nights.
    We successfully vacated the premises in under 25 minutes.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SJMaye View Post
    My wife and I have used our 2500RL three times now. Each time we learn something new. Aside from gaining an understanding of the trailer mechanical and electrical systems we are trying to find our groove when it comes to RVing vs just getting a hotel room. We bought the trailer because we were sick of hotel rooms and eating out all the time. We thought if we had a trailer we would have a place of our own to come back to rather than the hotel crapshoot we had been experiencing. We also liked the idea of being able to cook there rather than eating out all the time.

All this has worked out, however, we were not prepared for all the preparation, setup, takedown, cleaning time for every trip. I am thinking the reason for this has been our trips have all been only 2 night stays. So, all the setup and takedown feel like a lot just because we were not there long.

I hope I have explained this well. Anyone have recommendations?
    It seems like a lot because your stays are weekend. When we took our TT to the fort and setup for a two weeks, it was not that big of a deal. When we go to the mountains, we plan to setup somewhere for a couple of weeks. I think you will find it a completely different feel. Plus, I can stay longer at places now because most full hook-ups cost the same at 1/3 a nights stay in a holiday inn.

Preparation was always a problem for us. My wife is a planner, I am not. I am happy to get somewhere and just run to walmart and get some food for the stay. She likes to have it all preplanned. Kinda adds to the stress on both sides. What we did was decided on a few common meals we both like and keep the ingredients in the RV. Like we keep stuff an Italian meal (spaghetti), roast or fish and some Jambalaya or Gumbo in the RV. We use our RV fridge for extra fridge space at home too. We will also precook some soups and stuff and just eat it as "left" overs when going on short trips. She can rotate meals out. So the RV is always prepped. That way, we can just pull up the trailer and go for a weekend. Do not have to worry about much more prep than finding a camp ground.
    Last edited by FreddieMac; 05-25-2020 at 01:19 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345