User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timlisajax View Post
    Thanks Ranchertx. That formula gives me a 63% and using that to the max 110 psi pressure gives me 70psi. At 70 psi, the Sailun chart says the max load on the tire is 3,360 which is well in capacity for the the 2,800 pound load.

I think 70psi would work also, but again am concerned about heat buildup. Perhaps the head buildup isn't as bad on a LRG tire vs. a LRE? Dunno. Thougthts?
    Watching the heat build-up with your TPMS and comparing it to what your old tires did might give you a decent idea on how low is too low...pressure that is. I ran my old Sailuns at around 90 psi with a load per tire very close to what you are indicating. I was uncomfortable running them under 90 psi simply due to concern over sidewall flex. Those tires last over 6 years, and the trailer seemed to ride well. FWIW, the Sailun tires do have very stiff sidewalls.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchertx View Post
    I have run them many miles at lower pressure's without issues. The heat comes from load and sidewall flex, but at the pressure you are saying you want to use it will not be an issue.

Over inflating just causes unnecessary wear to the trailer because of a harsh ride.
    Thanks for the input.
    Tim & Lisa
    2012 Silverado SRW LB 3500 Duramax
    2018 Reflection 337RLS, IS, Kodiak Discs

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Watching the heat build-up with your TPMS and comparing it to what your old tires did might give you a decent idea on how low is too low...pressure that is. I ran my old Sailuns at around 90 psi with a load per tire very close to what you are indicating. I was uncomfortable running them under 90 psi simply due to concern over sidewall flex. Those tires last over 6 years, and the trailer seemed to ride well. FWIW, the Sailun tires do have very stiff sidewalls.
    Thanks Howard. Good idea. We're taking a short trip in the near future. Think I'll start at 80psi and check temps on the TPMS. On the return trip, I'll drop them to 70 psi and check temps again. Somewhere between 70 and 80 psi seems like it will be the safe sweet spot.
    Tim & Lisa
    2012 Silverado SRW LB 3500 Duramax
    2018 Reflection 337RLS, IS, Kodiak Discs

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timlisajax View Post
    Thanks Howard. Good idea. We're taking a short trip in the near future. Think I'll start at 80psi and check temps on the TPMS. On the return trip, I'll drop them to 70 psi and check temps again. Somewhere between 70 and 80 psi seems like it will be the safe sweet spot.

the ride difference between 70-80 doesn't amount to a hill of beans
    Last edited by huntindog; 04-07-2023 at 05:46 PM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234