User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have Carlisle 16 inch 16-ply load rang "G" tires on our Solitude 379FL. They are rated 110 Lbs max cold pressure. Each wheel has a maximum inflation pressure value cast into the back of one of it's wheel spokes. It is probably just coincidence that both my wheels and tires have the same max pressure... My two cents...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Front RH side of the rv is the federally mandated tire pressure sticker, that is the pressure engineers have determined is best.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim2542 View Post
    Front RH side of the rv is the federally mandated tire pressure sticker, that is the pressure engineers have determined is best.
    Did you mean "left?"

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Did you mean "left?"

Rob
    You former military guys are so sensitive to the whole left right thing! How about Port side��

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim2542 View Post
    You former military guys are so sensitive to the whole left right thing! How about Port side��
    As a life-long recreational sailor, I'm fine with "port side." Am am not, however, old enough to remember when it was "starboard" and "larboard..."

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an engineer I will note that we engineers generate specifications based on installed hardware. Anytime you perform a significant modification on any piece of equipment then you need to reassess the operating conditions. Since the Sailun's are notably different than the OEM tires I would not necessarily go by the data sticker on the trailer. That said, we just completed 1600 miles and ran the tires at 80 psi cold. That pressure seemed to work just fine and we will stick with that for now.
    Steve and Peggy
    Based in beautiful East Tennessee
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4 CTD

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    As a life-long recreational sailor, I'm fine with "port side." Am am not, however, old enough to remember when it was "starboard" and "larboard..."

Rob
    As a 25 year lawn man I only know front yard and back
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
    As a 25 year lawn man I only know front yard and back
    What?? No side yards in Florida!!
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Couple View Post
    What?? No side yards in Florida!!
    we kept it simple ... if you knew my crew you would understand
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveTN View Post
    As an engineer I will note that we engineers generate specifications based on installed hardware. Anytime you perform a significant modification on any piece of equipment then you need to reassess the operating conditions. Since the Sailun's are notably different than the OEM tires I would not necessarily go by the data sticker on the trailer. That said, we just completed 1600 miles and ran the tires at 80 psi cold. That pressure seemed to work just fine and we will stick with that for now.
    That's super interesting/helpful Steve. When I swapped out Westlakes for Sailun in March the tire manager at Snider Fleet Services in Raleigh said to run them around 105-110psi. After the first one shedded it's tread at 4318 miles I replaced it with another Sailun and the tire manager at Les Schwab said pretty much the same pressure. The second Sailun shedded it's tread this past Saturday I got it swapped with another Sailun today and the tire manager at BigOTire (who sells a ton of Sailun) said exactly same, maintain at 110psi! I tried to debate potential hot temperatures requiring less pressure but he would have none of it....so I'm beside myself at this stage. I'll probably just run them at 105 and see when the next one sheds another tread.

Forgot to mention, I'm going to bite the bullet next week and get 4 new Provider's installed.
    Last edited by CaptPicardo; 09-13-2021 at 04:26 PM.
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast