User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sailun 637 tire pressure for 337RLS?

Two years ago I put Sailun S637 ST235/85R -16 (load range G) tires on our 337RLS. Life intervened and we had to postpone our camping for 15 months. Now I can't remember what tire pressures I was running on the camper and I didn't put it in the binder I have for camper information. The tires were at 80 psi when I pulled it out of storage but I'm not sure that is correct. I tried searching for information as I thought at one time I saw a chart for weight rating vs tire pressure but I couldn't find it. For those of you running these tires, what pressures are you using?

Edit: Looking through other tire threads I found a few comments on this subject, looks like 90-100 psi cold are what others are using. Right now I'm leaning towards 90 psi but still interested in others experiences.
    Last edited by SteveTN; 10-21-2019 at 08:53 AM.
    Steve and Peggy
    Based in beautiful East Tennessee
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4 CTD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run 95 cold on our Solitude.

Here is the Sailun inflation table:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sailun Load and Inflation 23580 23585 ST (1).pdf 
Views:	214 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	23195

Edit, looks like you need to click the box.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 337 loaded to 14,000 lbs. I run the Sailuns at 100 PSI. The trailer business (builds utility trailers and works on everything from stock and dump trailers up to semis) said to run them at 105 psi. At 105, I didn't think there was quite enough tread contact on the road. If there's no sidewall bulge and even road contact, 90 would probably be OK, too.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JKellerJr - thank you for the chart, that is what I was looking for. I've printed it out so I can put it in my book.

Hi Rob - hope you two are doing well! We're running around 12,500lbs so I'll try 95 for now. We're about to put a bit over 1000 miles on it so I'll keep an eye on the tread.
    Steve and Peggy
    2016 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm unclear what you guys are reading on the chart to lead you to run your tires at those levels.

To start my trailer weighs 13,500 lbs and carries 2,300 lbs on the pin. My tires are the ST235/85R16 version. This means my tires need to carry approximately 2,800 lbs each.

First let me repeat here as I've posted this before, I wrote directly to Sailun with my weights and they responded that I could run as low as 50 psi "plus 5 - 10 psi higher than the calculated pressure for some added safety."

At the weights you guys are reporting you seem to be way over inflating your tires.

Here's another comment directly from Sailun: "You will want to stay pretty close to this recommendation for ride comfort and to achieve good tire wear. Don’t worry, the tire is engineered for this pressure for the load. The reason the max is 110 psi is the tire is used in some commercial applications that require the additional load carrying capacity."

So my question to you all is why are you inflating so high even when you see the above chart? I'm sincerely asking.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Poppy, good to hear about the info you got from the manufacturer. I was estimating high just to be safe. A lower pressure would be easier on the equipment as long as the tires can handle it.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Steve and Peggy
    2016 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveTN View Post
    Thanks Poppy, good to hear about the info you got from the manufacturer. I was estimating high just to be safe. A lower pressure would be easier on the equipment as long as the tires can handle it.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Hey Steve, I forgot to mention that in spite of what Sailun told me and what I wrote above, I decided arbitrarily to run my Sailuns at the posted limit on the trailer tire pressure tag, 80 psi. I realize that flies in the face of what I wrote above but it's like I can't help it. I think I'm actually going to lower them when my trailer returns from service and to 70 psi and work my way down to the formula given to me, as in the listed chart pressure based on actual weight plus 5 - 10 psi.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    I'm unclear what you guys are reading on the chart to lead you to run your tires at those levels.

To start my trailer weighs 13,500 lbs and carries 2,300 lbs on the pin. My tires are the ST235/85R16 version. This means my tires need to carry approximately 2,800 lbs each.

First let me repeat here as I've posted this before, I wrote directly to Sailun with my weights and they responded that I could run as low as 50 psi "plus 5 - 10 psi higher than the calculated pressure for some added safety."

At the weights you guys are reporting you seem to be way over inflating your tires.

Here's another comment directly from Sailun: "You will want to stay pretty close to this recommendation for ride comfort and to achieve good tire wear. Don’t worry, the tire is engineered for this pressure for the load. The reason the max is 110 psi is the tire is used in some commercial applications that require the additional load carrying capacity."

So my question to you all is why are you inflating so high even when you see the above chart? I'm sincerely asking.
    Good question, Paul - and you're causing me to rethink what I'm doing (my head hurts, already!).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe there was a reason mine were at 80 psi when I pulled it from storage - unusual for me not to write down the pressure and why but after 15 months I sure don't remember. Very useful information Paul, thanks for posting! Maybe I'll start out at 80psi, after all I'm a bit lighter then you and Rob.
    Steve and Peggy
    2016 Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the sticker missing from your camper that shows tire size and inflation pressure? The sticker is on the left front on our 2017 315RLTS.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast