User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Cover or Not Cover our TT for the winter is the question

We are new RVers and we are wondering if we should cover our Transcend 26 RLS during the winter? If so, is there a "favorite" cover?

We live on Long Island, so we do see some snow.

Thanks,

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m going to cover mine, I bought a 5 layer king bird off amazon. I have not used it yet but it looks decent enough. I like the extra straps and it arrived much quicker than they quoted. There’s also a cheaper 4 ply available.

https://www.amazon.com/KING-BIRD-Ext.../dp/B07KFB46YS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we left our RV(s) outside (in Atlanta over the winter) we covered them. It keeps the weather off and affords much more protection than not covering.

Here is FL a lot of folks leave their RVs here in the summer. The ones with cover fare far better than the ones without covers.

IT IS IMPORTANT to be sure you do something to remove or reduce the humidity both in the winter and summer. In Atlanta we used DampRid packets checking and replacing them as needed. So you'll want a cover that allows entry to the RV when covered.

It's been a lot of years since we needed a cover so I am not sure I have a recommendation other than breathable and fastened down good after somehow covering sharp edges on the RV so the fabric cover doesn't rip or tear.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods