Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    2018 Reflection 327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Temperature monitoring experiment

I recently bought and installed an AcuRite 02083M temperature monitoring system that includes 3 sensors. I hung one sensor in the pass through hanging next to the leveling gauge. A second sensor lowered on string down into the frame area near the low point drain line area above the coroplast and the third down through the opening to the frame area below the island above the coroplast. I attached the monitoring station to the wall at the back of my trailer to the left of the couch/fold away bed. I took a picture of the display and then turned on the furnace set at 70’ F. I took a picture again 3 hours later and will attach the 2 pictures if I can. First, I was pleasantly surprised by the increase in temperatures. The high temperature in the storage area was a lot higher than expected but, I knew the furnace really put out heat in the nearby area. The living room sensor is under the island, the basement sensor is in the low point area and the storage sensor is in the pass through area. The kitchen temperature is from the area around the display unit. (Can't get the pictures attached so here are the numbers
    Before
    Living room sensor- 49' Storage sensor- 50'
    Basement sensor- 50' Kitchen sensor- 51'
    After 3 hours
    Living room sensor- 61' Storage sensor- 87'
    Basement sensor- 64' Kitchen sensor- 62'
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2099.jpg   IMG_2101.jpg  
    Last edited by chillybob; 10-22-2019 at 02:03 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob, interesting experiment, and good information for Reflection owners to know. I’m guessing that outdoor temps were mid-low 40s? Hope you keep posting as temps drop.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done similar, one sensor outside in the shade, one in the front bay behind the water box (my water box has it's own heating vent), one sensor in the middle bay.

This setup is also a good reminder that you left a bay door open. When one of the bay sensors temps start matching the outside sensor temp it's time to go check the bay door.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

2018 Reflection 327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Houndbb
    I plan to keep monitoring to compare the outside temp. to the inside areas. I hope to head south again this year but not sure if before or after Christmas. I’m interested in seeing the travel temps. when travelling with the furnace off and also at what temp. is maintained with the furnace running in colder temperatures while set up. I’ve installed additional insulation above some of the coroplast and around most of the pex lines as noted in previous posts so I’m curious to see what impact it has now that I can measure. I’m not going to winterize unless it gets below freezing. In this area it can stay above freezing until January or it can go below freezing in November or December. I’ll post more pictures of the display when It becomes of interest to others on this site.